Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer meat question

saddlepants

central Ohio
I use a kitchen aid mixer with a grinder attachment.. Plenty powerful to grind deer even on medium power. You can get sausage stuffer attachments also.... Plus its an easy sell to the wife.. As she also gets a nice mixer.. ;)
Thats is TOO funny...my husband has wanted for that mixer for a long time...teehee...Im gettin it for him for christmas...with some attachments...FOR ME!

Thats is TOO funny...my husband has wanted for that mixer for a long time...teehee...Im gettin it for him for christmas...with some attachments...FOR ME!

those mixers are crazy durable. i dropped my moms from the attic above the garage onto the garage floor while i was helping them move. Thats like 12 feet. The fall didnt do anything to the mixer but it f'd up the cement floor. The whole mixer is cast iron and they say they dont build things like they used too.:pickle:

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I dont grind my jerkey. i cut it into 1/4 inch strips, put it in the seasoning, leave it in the fridge for a day or two and lay it in the dehydrater. If you want to borrow the dehydrater just say the word. i have not been able to find the cash to buy a grinder, i do have a hand grinder though. i dont do large batches. i take all the trimmings, freeze them in 2 pound packages and thaw and grind as needed.

I would be willing to go halves on a decent grinder, with the sausage attachments. I hear it isnt hard to do yourself.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I dont grind my jerkey. i cut it into 1/4 inch strips, put it in the seasoning, leave it in the fridge for a day or two and lay it in the dehydrater. If you want to borrow the dehydrater just say the word. i have not been able to find the cash to buy a grinder, i do have a hand grinder though. i dont do large batches. i take all the trimmings, freeze them in 2 pound packages and thaw and grind as needed.

I would be willing to go halves on a decent grinder, with the sausage attachments. I hear it isnt hard to do yourself.

I would but Douchbag has all my scrap meat over there. The only thing I kept out was the backstraps and steaks lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
sounds like its time to shoot a doe!

I am going to pass this weekend hunting. Too hot and I have a few chores that need doin here around the house. I am waiting until Thursday evening and then hitting it again Saturday morning. It is going to start cooling off again after a front on Wednesday so Thursday evening should make for some good deer movement. Have to check the wind and maybe hunt the field edge up in the north block.

If you go and get one give a call and I will get out and give ya a hand.