Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gripe thread - pink crap!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
i have bright orange and green fletchings on my arrows, last year on opening day i had 7 turkey walk right under my stand and into the bean field I was hunting over. They never knew I was there.

My daughters bow is pink camo, She hasnt gotten strong enough to draw 40 pounds so she wont be hunting with it this year, but I'm hoping by next year i can talk her into letting me trade it in on a camo one.

I agree about turkeys being a comfort builder for deer, But I also think its movement that spooks em.

saddlepants

central Ohio
Yeah but Ive had them look up at me when Im not moving a single whisker and see my shiny something or whatever and stare for awhile and then run. You could say they just saw something unpredictable and left but Ive raised exotics for years and know they can be wary of certain colors especially if it wasn't there before. I saw a flock come out into a field I was hunting and there was a red bag (motionless I'll add) stuck on a briar. They all came out...stared right at it and made alarm sounds and split back the way they came. Now I wouldnt have thought much of it but I have watched these same birds cross this field every night for days headed to a favorite roost. The bag was new and it didnt move at all there was no wind.
ANY way...lol...Im not wearing hot pink during turkey bow hunt season, lol and ya cant convince me otherwise

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
so do you think they would be able to spot my new huntin hat? I'd have a face mask on too.

Huckleberry Finn

hahahahahahahaha ohhhh dante I think you just got a new profile picture. If he doesn't change it, one of the mods please do