Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The View: TOO Style...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
We blew 3 does out of the cattails setting up. Had enough deer for the week! Time to have fun!
Big boy strolling by your stand right now😂😂😂😂

Isaacorps

Columbus
Both these pics are 20 yards from the stand I sat today.

My stands are probably covered up with booners right now as I sit in Roosters watching the buckeyes lose. Oh well, some days deer hunting just isn’t in the cards. I needed a mental vacation today and that didn’t involve sitting in a tree 🤷🏻*♂️. Good luck with the ducks!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Love these photos. How high up do you guys recommend for your stands? Climbers or permanent.
My go to height is 20-22 feet. Find a nice tree with multiple trunks and you got yourself some good cover up in the tree. There aren't any like that at the spot my buddy and I are hunting so I had to cut some pine limbs and stick them out of my platform.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Love these photos. How high up do you guys recommend for your stands? Climbers or permanent.
Depends on terrain and wind. I like between 20-25 feet. High enough to be out of their perefrial vision but the shot angle isn't bad. I have hung them as low as 16 feet but it has to be a special circumstance like a thick pine or cedar for that.

A north wind is bad for the spot I'm hunting this week so i bumped this stand up to 25-26 feet.