Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Outfitter experience

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Hicks,

Killin these mature bucks takes time. Its going to be a long strenuous season for me..there will highs and lows..but in the end hopefully i put one on the ground. I wouldnt sweat it...The season just begun and best part has yet to come. I wont even step foot in the woods until late October and once that happens those mature bucks are in trouble. hehehehe

Goodluck and pace yourself..dont burn yourself out. :)

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Hicks,

Killin these mature bucks takes time. Its going to be a long strenuous season for me..there will highs and lows..but in the end hopefully i put one on the ground. I wouldnt sweat it...The season just begun and best part has yet to come. I wont even step foot in the woods until late October and once that happens those mature bucks are in trouble. hehehehe

Or you could just wait until gun season when someone pushes the big boys to ya! Rotflmao

Excellect write-up Phil. Glad you were able to enjoy your time there and that you had plenty of shot opportunities .

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hicks,

I agree Mountaineer. I am catching up on work now and my wife is out of town for three days now. I am more concerned with hooking up with my two legged white tail when she comes home than the four legged ones right now. Gotta sit cross legged like a queer for three more days I guess. lol

I have been watching a few big boys over the summer locally. They have disappeared for now, but I don't care. I have done my leg work, hung my stands, and have time on my side right now. I will get one in front of me or at least in the binoculars sometime this year. Doesn't mean I will get a shot, but I am confident I will at least see some from the stand before the season is over. No worries about burn out.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Flutey,

When Big bucks get "pushed"..they dont panic..they dont run..they freeze, assess the situation and get out of dodge in a calm, cool collected manner. Yes..2 of the bucks ive taken in Ohio were escaping another hunters presence..However..They both did it a calm , cool crafty way.

The great thing about getting older is you can put the peices of the puzzle together alil easier. :)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
i would be up for a bear hunt with you, i will have to call you if i get in a situation were i cant find a deer,makes it nice knowing you live so close.

Sounds great! Give me a shout if you get one down. Even if you watch the deer drop, I would still like to let Hank work and bring a bottle to fill up with the blood in the chest cavity to use for training. 419 233 9339 is the best way to reach me.

Huckleberry Finn

Even if you watch the deer drop, I would still like to let Hank work and bring a bottle to fill up with the blood in the chest cavity to use for training.

Do you need blood from people? Frozen and shipped?

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Congrats on getting the doe Phil. I really enjoyed your write up also. Glad you had a good time and enjoyed yourself while being in nature.