Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Legends Ranch Deer...The Story

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Buck, That deer there is 3.5 years old. Believe it. I couldn't believe it either...but he is. They say there that lots of the heard peaks at 3.5 due to the way the genetics run so there is no guarantee that he would have grown any next year. Hard to believe, but these dudes for sure know their deer...

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Congrats Josh! I just seen this for the first time. I TOO would like to do this someday. Not to change my hunting, but fence or no fence, the excitement has to be there with horns like that! That deer is a FREAKIN' MONSTER! Congrat's again on a job well done!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Just got a call that my deer is done and on it's way home. I've got a real nice place just waiting for it in my office...:pickle:

Did you reinforce the wall so it can support that thing??? :D

I can't wait to see the pic of him in the office!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hang a fishing lurk on it! I lose many on underwater tree roots that look very similar! Lol

Seriously though, can't wait to see pics! Congrats Josh!

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
In a strange turn of events...the guy who guided me on this hunt last year sent me a message and told me he moved to Winter Park, FL...well that is about 15 minutes from me! Crazy. We went out to lunch the other day and i got to show him the final resting place of the monster we shot that day. Small world...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Now maybe you can return the favor and guide him on a Florida hunt. :smiley_coolpeace:

I was wonderin...since you took your deer right after getting there, what did you do with the rest of your time there? Were you able to relax? Or were you wound up?

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
I'm takin him on a guided red fishin trip next month... I don't think he wants to deer hunt down here! If we are really lucky I could get him on a basket rack 8 that might score 90. Ha!

I spent the rest of the week in the blinds and stands with him just bs'n and taking pictures. I think I posted a bunch of them on here at some point, but I can't remember the name of the thread. I got some unreal pictures of monster deer. It was a really relaxing next 4 days. I was done in a flash and had the rest of the week to make fun of the guys that would come back empty handed rotflmao

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I'm takin him on a guided red fishin trip next month... I don't think he wants to deer hunt down here! If we are really lucky I could get him on a basket rack 8 that might score 90. Ha!

I spent the rest of the week in the blinds and stands with him just bs'n and taking pictures. I think I posted a bunch of them on here at some point, but I can't remember the name of the thread. I got some unreal pictures of monster deer. It was a really relaxing next 4 days. I was done in a flash and had the rest of the week to make fun of the guys that would come back empty handed rotflmao

And to come back empty handed at that place you have got to be either SUPER PICKY or just plain stupid.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

Is that 90 inches or 90 lbs. lmao.

After seeing some of those deer I would say both would be correct lol.