Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Badger

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Joe wanted me to post this up. When I ran through the pics, I thought it was a badger but I didnt think much of it. How common are they? Anyone else get pics of them? I'd hate to run into one of them at night walking to the stand.

Huckleberry Finn

Here I thought Badger was busy with work...nope, he's been hanging out with Trip!

Sweet pic, never seen one like that before

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Honey badger want's your salt block. Honey badger don't give a fugg. Cause honey badgers a bad ass.

camofry

*Supporting Member*
That is a badger, I know ODNR wants everyone that sees one or catches one to call and let someone know where you seen it. We have had a few here in the county, last year we had one in a k9 set and ODNR wanted it releast. No freaken way.It had to be put down and they came and got it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That is a badger, I know ODNR wants everyone that sees one or catches one to call and let someone know where you seen it. We have had a few here in the county, last year we had one in a k9 set and ODNR wanted it releast. No freaken way.It had to be put down and they came and got it.

First thing i told Alex when he showed me the picture was the DNR wants him to report the sighting.. I then told him about how at deer camp for a decade a warden never even drove down the road.. Someone saw a bear and called it in.. Next thing you know wardens were parked at the top of the hill 2-3 days a week Not that we do stuff wrong... But it's no fun hunting when there are 2-3 wardens driving around the property constantly.

camofry

*Supporting Member*
I may be wrong, on the calling thing. That was a few years back when they ask for everyone to call them in. Its not in the book no more, just the bobcats. I will say if you trap around there or know of someone that does, you better hope like hell you DONT catch him. The one here last year had a 2ft deep trench ring dug by 7am, and that was with only 3 working feet.lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I think you made a good call on not trying to release it.. HOLY SHIT! lmao

I think i would have laughed at the DNR guy and said.. "Look here bubba if this things so special to ya.. You come release it.. I think I'll keep my legs"

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Very cool pic Trip. I don't think I would want to run into him in the dark either lol.

Mean nasty fuggers. I can't believe that one didn't dig the anchor out of the ground and run off with the trap lol. Guess he should have dug down instead of around lmao.

camofry

*Supporting Member*
Very cool pic Trip. I don't think I would want to run into him in the dark either lol.

Mean nasty fuggers. I can't believe that one didn't dig the anchor out of the ground and run off with the trap lol. Guess he should have dug down instead of around lmao.

16in POGO anchors

Those can be mean suckers!! I remember years ago on some property we used to hunt up here in Michigan there were a couple of dens in the side of a ridge. The story of one of the guys that owned the property was he got stuck in his treestand one night until well after dark. The badger came out and started milling around his bait pile and when he tried to get down the bastard tried to come after him. Every time he would start to come back down the tree the badger would walk over to the base of the tree and look up at him and growl. Finally heard it walk off into the woods so he got down and bee-lined it back to the cabin.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Awesome pics, guys. I think I saw one hit along the turnpike several years ago, up in the Swanton area.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That pretty neat! I've been reading about the badger population that's taking off recently over the past decade in various outdoor pub's. It appears someone at OSU is doing some research or study on them. They're mostly in the Dayton up to Toledo area and most regions west of C-bus! Cool pics guys and yes................badgers don't fugg around!