Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Automated Game Check System

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
For those who have harvested a deer this year, did you use the Automated Game Check System, aka Telecheck?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
We checked Kate's deer in using the telecheck system on the way to the processor last night. Very simple. Takes around 10 minutes.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
When I tagged my spring bird in at the local checking station is was by far more of a hassle then when we did my moms online. The online process was very simple from what I remember.

saddlepants

central Ohio
I got my lc and tags online and it was eazy peezy. Gonna miss goin to the braggin...eer...check station tho. And Funny, around here opening morning for bow sounded suspiciously like open gun season:smiley_cowboy:

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Haven't for deer but did for my spring bird. Smooth easy process. Then again I have used it for PA and NY so nothing new.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I thought the online check in was fast, done in about 5-10mins. Same thing as physical check ins, write confirmation # on tag and print receipt.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I think it sucks ass and it pisses me off to no end. For one, my collection of metal tags is now done growing. I miss going to the check in station to BS and see what gets brought it. It robs the whole experience of a vital part IMO. I'm a self-proclaimed "high-tech Redneck" and I still hate it...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think it sucks ass and it pisses me off to no end. For one, my collection of metal tags is now done growing. I miss going to the check in station to BS and see what gets brought it. It robs the whole experience of a vital part IMO. I'm a self-proclaimed "high-tech Redneck" and I still hate it...

My thoughts, exactly. The metal tag collection was a trophy display, just as much as heads on the wall. No way in hell I'm keeping a collection of paper slips... fugg that. I like the fact that checking deer in is easier now, but I hate not receiving a metal tag.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I think it sucks ass and it pisses me off to no end. For one, my collection of metal tags is now done growing. I miss going to the check in station to BS and see what gets brought it. It robs the whole experience of a vital part IMO.

Yep, x2 on that

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My thoughts, exactly. The metal tag collection was a trophy display, just as much as heads on the wall. No way in hell I'm keeping a collection of paper slips... fugg that. I like the fact that checking deer in is easier now, but I hate not receiving a metal tag.

Start collecting ears.... lol

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I love it..quick and easy. I did both my spring birds online and also both my does from Saturday. The does I did on my smartphone and did em both in less than ten minutes total...way better than going to a check station and dealing with all the BS. As far as metal tags I have a fair amount laying around if anyone wants to "collect " them.