Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Story to come later...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I remember that buck very well Joe! I remember reading about the hunt in NAW about 8 to 10 years ago. The guy was a rolely polely sort of build or kind of chunky. He had a name I should remember but I can't cuz I'm becoming an old fugg!lol

Oh, the Ohios Hole in the Horn buck scores 328"! Just sayin" Missouri Monarch scores 333" but I to this day still think the Ohio buck is bigger that it! I'm not bias!lol

Sorry, I got the score wrong... 344 5/8ths http://www.buckmasters.com/big-buck-central/btr/btr_articles.aspx?sid=1352

Last edited:

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Still in Michigan. Will post the story on Sunday. Only have my phone now and it's a pain in the ass to type so I will get it up as soon as I get home. According to the guides it's gonna go over 300. What a ridiculous week. Pretty damn awesome. I don't care what you say about high fence hunts... I've seen 40 deer over 200" ... Unbelievable.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow!!! To put that in perspective, I've never seen or hunted a 200" deer in nearly 35 years of hunting! Can't wait to hear your story! I still can't get over his mass! Any idea of the age? Have a safe trip home!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Still in Michigan. Will post the story on Sunday. Only have my phone now and it's a pain in the ass to type so I will get it up as soon as I get home. According to the guides it's gonna go over 300. What a ridiculous week. Pretty damn awesome. I don't care what you say about high fence hunts... I've seen 40 deer over 200" ... Unbelievable.

Dang, think how small those FL deer are going to look now.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Dang, think how small those FL deer are going to look now.

When he texted me he sent the pic that is in this thread. I thought he was "Joshin" me with photoshop. I mean who shoots a deer that big? So my reply back was.

"Congrats lol. I see you got another Florida dink." Lol I

On my phone it didn't even look like him...too much gray in the beard. Cough, just for men, cough. ;)

Can't wait to hear the whole story.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
WOW! That looks like 2 swamp stumps stickin up outta his head, holy moly....
Can't wait to read the story on this!
Congrats!

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
I am gonna attempt to post a short video to hold you over for the story. Here's a little better look at this guy...

[video=vimeo;29785663]http://vimeo.com/29785663[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Update: Final gross score from an official scorer... 353 7/8

47 scoreable points
mainbeam length (27 7/8, 30 7/8)
inside spread 19 1/8

All in all... it's almost comical. I'll give one final story on Sunday and then this one can rest in the archives. Needless to say, it's been a pretty fun week.
:pickle: