Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Can anyone tell about the Knight LK-93 Muzzleloader?

I know a guy that has a Knight LK-93 Muzzle loader for sale..Its not there 209 primer version(wolverine)..So I assume it was made pre-wolverine..Does anyone have any info on these??Im a total newbie so any help is greatly appreciated..He said the breech plug is stuck..But it is priced cheap..DO you think i would be able to get the plug out?Any ideas on that aspect..He is asking 50$which went down from 70$ 2 weeks ago..I honestly felt like telling him 25$ cash..I hate to low ball..But aint there a chance its useless?

Schu72

Streetsboro
Not sure, but I have a pre 209 wolverine that I converted to 209. Not sure if it has the same breech plug as the LK-93. I still have the plug in storage. I'll see if I can take a pic and post.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Here is the plug with the nipple in place.....

The ML came with a two ended tool. One end removes the nipple from the breech plug....

And then the other end is used to remove the breech plug from the barrel.....

Again this is from a wolverine, so I'm not sure how it will translate for you.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My brother and I each have one that we converted too the 209 primers.... Both are tack drivers and love the adjustable trigger.....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Tell him $25 cash - tell him you don't like to lowball but you'll have to put money in it to put it in working order and that the price of new ones is now so low blah blah blah

Just my opinion - I don't think muzzys hold their value like other guns, might be wrong, but that's what I see

The few Knight owners I've talked with all like them, including me (Wolverine) :smiley_bril:

http://www.knightrifles.com/209-conversion-breech-plugs/

The two conversion plugs say that they're for the 1) Extreme, Long Range Hunter and 2) KP1, Shadow, and Vision models.
Huh.

Last edited:
Tell him $25 cash - tell him you don't like to lowball but you'll have to put money in it to put it in working order and that the price of new ones is now so low blah blah blah

Just my opinion - I don't think muzzys hold their value like other guns, might be wrong, but that's what I see

The few Knight owners I've talked with all like them, including me (Wolverine) :smiley_bril:

I might just do that..How hard is it an whats the conversion cost?Any ideas on getting the breech plug out of it??

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
A buddy bought one a couple of years ago and the guy had put the breach plug in without lubing it and shot it a lot without cleaning it.... Lucky for him we got the plug out and and the barrel cleaned up really well... Knight used green mountain barrels which have a good reputation...... Put it into a vise and worked it back and forth until it came out... Replaced it with a 209 kit and it shoots as well as mine.....

OMO I think the kit was around 50-70 dollars..... But that comes with everything you need.... PB blaster along with WD-40 and let it soak and just worked it back and forth..... The removal tool has a hole in it about the diameter of a good size philips screw driver, but a med size pipe wrench will also work on the tool as well..... :smiley_clap: And when I said a vise it was a chain vise made for cylinders..... If you use a standard vise fashion a couple of blocks of wood too protect it somewhat.....

Last edited:

Schu72

Streetsboro
J is the Breech plug similar to what I posted?

OMO....My biggest concern would be the condition of the barrel. If the plug is locked up, how well was the barrel cleaned? It might be all pitted.

Sorry...looks like I was typing as J posted.:smiley_confused_vra

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J is the Breech plug similar to what I posted?

OMO....My biggest concern would be the condition of the barrel. If the plug is locked up, how well was the barrel cleaned? It might be all pitted.

Sorry...looks like I was typing as J posted.:smiley_confused_vra

Yeah Shu looks like the same..... I looked at the 209 primer kits and they went up some.... Looks like they run about 80.00 plus tax or shipping... So unless you get that for 25.00 you'd be better off spending the 150.00 for a new one like Dan suggested..... At least doing that you'd know what you have..... You don't have too upgrade if you don't want to but my groups out past 100 yards tightened up quite a bit with mine..... It's up too you on that one....

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
If the plug is stuck make sure it ain't loaded and heat it with a propane torch.....or fill a small container in PB blaster or better yet Kroil and let it soak immersed in that stuff. Offer em 25...ya can find a newer gun with 209 primer for 100-150 bucks if you look around.