Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wv Buck

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
This buck made it through the season last year and my father in law just got pics of him this year..Not a bad buck for Wv...Here he is in 2010..

Here he is as of last weekend..Disregard date..he forgot to reset it..Looks like he may go mid 130's to mid 140's..Not bad for Wv

Last edited:

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
aholdren,,

No..I wont hunt him..I wouldnt dare...Could you imagine what that would do to my marriage if i killed that buck on her dads land...rotflmao. I hope he gets em.:)

I was at her family's house 5 years ago for thanksgiving and her dad gave me permission to go up on the hill to hunt..so..I went up..climbed a high wall and watched that very field in the trail cam photo(gas well field). Sure enough..just before dark a nice 130 incher stepped into the field( the very buck he's been hunting all season)..At this time, I wasnt married to my wife yet. As the buck eased into the opening, i settled the crosshairs on em and thats when my mind started spinning. I clicked the safety on and sat there and thought about what i was about to do..Clicked the safety off and put the crosshairs back on em. For the life of me, i couldnt pull that trigger. I clicked the safety back on and let em go.

I figured it wasnt worth the animosity i would have to deal with for the rest of my life. :)

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Great buck. I hope your father in law gets to tag him. Maybe you could take him out and show him where to sit and get him. That would help with brownie points lol.