Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2010-11 Ohio Archery season live hunts

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I know there is one somewhere ill merge them when I get home...

Well boys... Sitting in a 60 yard wide fence row that's a hill between am upper and lower corn field. They'll be ontop of you before you know it this morning. With the fog so heavy the leaves are dripping and the vegetation you better keep your eyes peeled...

Can you boys believe it.... Its deer season baby!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Sounds like a fine spot Joe! Kate and I are sitting on an oak flat this morning. Everything is pretty calm except for the squirrels. Good luck this morning fellas!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Good luck fellas. Squirrels aren't even moving here. Birds are just starting. Wet as hell out....you could drink the air!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Getting the boys ready for their baseball game. It's damn foggy here. Not sure how much I'd seen on stand anyway.

Still at home because of the fog. I couldn't see across the street this morning and knew I wouldn't be able to see very far sitting on the edge of an open pasture. GRrrrr. Heading out in about and hour.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm a true fucking amateur! Forgot my release at the house, so I couldn't shoot if I wanted to. I was running late, which caused me to walk too fast and I was dripping sweat about the time I ran a doe off from under my stand. Now I'm in the truck headed to track a doe with my buddy. Waste of a morning really. Good news is, I saw four does and love the stand I was in. Maybe this afternoon I can act like I know what I'm doing...

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Still at home because of the fog. I couldn't see across the street this morning and knew I wouldn't be able to see very far sitting on the edge of an open pasture. GRrrrr. Heading out in about and hour.

seems to me its the perfect time to go. they cant see you either.:smiley_chinrub:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
seems to me its the perfect time to go. they cant see you either.:smiley_chinrub:

Yeah but you can't see them and with the wet ground you can't hear them lol. The fog really started to lift around 8 but I wasn't sure how long it was going to be that thick this morning at 5am when I got up. Had I known it was going to lift like it did I would have went ahead and gone. Oh well, Off to the woods now to catch them coming out of the corn to eat acorns and bed up on the flats now lol.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Lets just say I just ran to 2 local stores to find a ThermaCell. Fuggin skeeters were awful for alphamax and I this morning.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I'm a true fucking amateur! Forgot my release at the house, so I couldn't shoot if I wanted to. I was running late, which caused me to walk too fast and I was dripping sweat about the time I ran a doe off from under my stand. Now I'm in the truck headed to track a doe with my buddy. Waste of a morning really. Good news is, I saw four does and love the stand I was in. Maybe this afternoon I can act like I know what I'm doing...

How about being an amateur with your alarm clock. Set the alarm clock last night for 4 o'clock......PM. Woke up at 8:30 and thought FUGGG! Roled over and figured it will be a evening hunt today.

Lets just say I just ran to 2 local stores to find a ThermaCell. Fuggin skeeters were awful for alphamax and I this morning.
Excellent purchase you will be pleased
How about being an amateur with your alarm clock. Set the alarm clock last night for 4 o'clock......PM. Woke up at 8:30 and thought FUGGG! Roled over and figured it will be a evening hunt today.
I set my alarm right..But when i checked the wind i went back to bed an got up at 9am.....Honestly i needed to set my 30 an 40 pins after some changes..So i had no biz out this AM anyways...Checked a cam mid day,mailed jesse a leaf bug suit and shot a couple dz arrows.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

First time out... Always the scenario. Takes longer to get ready. Something is always forgotten. In a few hunts it'll be down to a science.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I pulled a huck and forgot a shirt in my layers this morning. my pussy was hurting by 9..

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Got out to the stand around 10 or there about after the fog burned off. I checked the cam and seen that I should have went this morning and I could have had one of the two doe that ran under the stand however, if I would have been there they would have come in downwind so I don't know if I would have gotten the chance or not. Anyway, they headed down into the bottom so I figured they would come back by in the evening. I sat there all damn day looking at nothing lol. Got to 5 0'clock and some duchebag about 400 yards away across the river starts blowing up tanzanite and shooting pistols. Fuggin great ya ass munch. They stopped at about 6:15 so like an idiot I figured I had already spent this long in the damn tree I might as well waste the rest of the light and hope the deer would come out. NOPE not a fuggin deer sighting all day.

Try again Sunday evening back in the woods this time. See what screws me up tomorrow lmao.

Edit :

I just tossed the SD card in the computer. Since I had it on video mode and couldn't see the time stamp on my digital camera I was wrong lol. Those doe came past on the 23rd lmao. Oh well. Probably wouldn't have seen them this evening anyway lol.

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Probably sleeping in this morning. According to weather.com, it is suppose to be partly cloudy and a 20% chance of rain. It is thundering and lightening right now and pouring the rain! What the hell. Went to bed at 10:30 for nothing...

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Probably sleeping in this morning. According to weather.com, it is suppose to be partly cloudy and a 20% chance of rain. It is thundering and lightening right now and pouring the rain! What the hell. Went to bed at 10:30 for nothing...

same thing I woke up to this morning also!! well we always got this afternoon!