Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Beentowns hunting log...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Did you go up north for the big pushes this weekend?

No, I didn't make the trip. I called and they were not seeing anything all week so I declined as they felt like there herd was down substantially. I was still invited but didn't wanna take more of their herd when they have always been so gracious.

They only shot 3 deer in two days. Mind you that this is the same land (4k+ acres) in Crawford County that in 2008 six P and Y bucks or better were taken in two days. With another 5 "good" bucks and some does.

Sad.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Thanks for the support fellas. I am taking the weak off and going to go pick up some corn (truck load or so) from my Uncle. Hopefully my shoulder is good to go soon. If not, a member here offered me up one of his crossbows...awesome people here.

Morrow is usually a war zone during gun season. Hardly saw anyone hunting, very few shots heard (under 15 in three days) and no drivers.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Morrow is usually a war zone during gun season. Hardly saw anyone hunting, very few shots heard (under 15 in three days) and no drivers.

I stopped counting shots yesterday morning after 30, but only saw one group of drivers out on the way back home. Was right on the Del / Morrow border. Lots of shooting during the first hour & a half, then tapered off. Did see a few guys on stands here and there. Nothing on the property we hunted, other than signs that somebody had already been in there this week. Possibly drivers? Tire tracks & boot prints at both the S end & N end pull offs.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I stopped counting shots yesterday morning after 30, but only saw one group of drivers out on the way back home. Was right on the Del / Morrow border. Lots of shooting during the first hour & a half, then tapered off. Did see a few guys on stands here and there. Nothing on the property we hunted, other than signs that somebody had already been in there this week. Possibly drivers? Tire tracks & boot prints at both the S end & N end pull offs.

I thought Sunday may have gotten busier. Saturday morning I heard a total of 4 different shot sequences. Thats it on gun Saturday...