Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Video mode on trail cam

tuffshot

The Crew
How long will the video mode run on a trail cam? I thought about setting one up under the tree while hunting, It should catch the entry of the deer into the area and possibly the shot. A ground level view would be kinda different since most video is from the trees.

Any ideas?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Are you asking how long the video clips will be, or how long the batteries will last when set on 'video mode?' Usually, depending on the camera, you can set the video clips to be anywhere from 10 seconds to 60 seconds. Then the delay between videos is also adjustable. Battery life... well, that depends on the camera and the type of batteries, and video clip length, and delay... lots of variables there.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The SpyPoint IR-6 that I have will run 90 second video with a 1 minute delay. I thought about doing the same as you with it this year. I thought about it last year with my other cam but I just never done it lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Only problem is getting the deer to come in front of the camera. Might work, then again he might be just left or right of the camera when he presents a shot.