Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gonna be a long week!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I have to work both Saturday and Sunday, but I'm off on Monday, so I better see lots of mobile updates to get me through the season opener at work!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
:smiley_blackeye:DJK...that new job is a real kick in the nuggets, eh?

No doubt! I work one weekend every 6 weeks, it happened to fall on the opener... but on the weeks I don't work the weekend, I have Sat, Sun, Mon off, so I will be hitting the stand a little more than I had anticipated.

Sucks that I will be breaking tradition by not being in the stand on the opener, but thankful for the career opportunity that came my way! I am looking forward to some dead deer picture this weekend fellas!

Huckleberry Finn

Yea I laid in bed thinking about arrowing a deer for at least 45 minutes last night...and I'm not getting out until October.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I'm praying that we get slammed at work this week so the time passes quickly - so far it ain't workin out too well, the day is dragging

Huckleberry Finn

Just reread the Deuce thread, my thread and blog from last year, the dead deerz wall, and the harvest tally for last year.

Anyone know where the live updates thread from last year is?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just reread the Deuce thread, my thread and blog from last year, the dead deerz wall, and the harvest tally for last year.

Anyone know where the live updates thread from last year is?

Might as well start a new one.

My first trip out will be saturday evening set up in the fields hoping at least one of the three big boys makes himself seen. We can't go in the morning because both boys have a baseball DH at 10:00 and have to be at the field at 9:00. It's gonna be a long morning at the ballfield :tantrum:

TOO bad we didn't open this evening ahead of this front. Nice and cool out.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Is it just me or is everybody else more fired up than usual this year? Just something about it... I don't know... This year I've got it in the worst way. It's crazy because I don't even have a giant on camera that I'm chasing yet.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Saturday and Sunday will be all about Kate. Devoting the first two days to getting her a chance at a deer. With that being said, I will have my bow with me just in case a big old brute comes in just out of her range!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Saturday and Sunday will be all about Kate. Devoting the first two days to getting her a chance at a deer. With that being said, I will have my bow with me just in case a big old brute comes in just out of her range!

Have you done anymore brushing in on your ground blind and are you and Kate planning on using it this weekend??????

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'm going to try and do four hunts this weekend with sharing the stand Sunday evening with my son.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Have you done anymore brushing in on your ground blind and are you and Kate planning on using it this weekend??????

I did brush it in some more, but then the wind came the other day and blew everything off the top of it. Gonna get out tomorrow and try to spruce it again. We are planning on hunting the blind in the evenings as of now, but that could change if Big Sixx, STT, and Claw continue to visit the field just before dark. Friday's camera check will reveal the gameplan.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Is it just me or is everybody else more fired up than usual this year? Just something about it... I don't know... This year I've got it in the worst way. It's crazy because I don't even have a giant on camera that I'm chasing yet.

I have noticed that as well lol.

I don't know what it is or what has done it for me this year but I will say, I am more pumped about this year to get started then any other year.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
I'm the same way! I'm more fired up this year than I can ever remember being for a long time!! work today sucked, it seemed like time was standing still, then my supervisor tells me I might have to work overtime Saturday, I told him go ahead and put a point on my attendance because I wouldn't be coming in either way!!!