Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Today's squirrel hunt

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Decided I was sick of being trapped in the house so I took my little trail blazing hunting guide with me this afternoon squirrel hunting.

Blazing trails and checking to see if the old man was keeping up lmao.

No squirrels were hurt in the process but it was still fun :smiley_clap:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Cool stuff man. Lime old Jamey said. Sometimes huntin aint all about the kill.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I took one of the bag o chairs with us and we sat him down in that for a little bit. We had bumped a couple deer on our way in one was a small buck and I didn't get a good look at the first one. I was hoping they would work their way back in front of us but they never did. We sat down and he did pretty good for his first time out being still and keeping the noise down. If my daughter had not lost my OFF bug spray we would have spent more time out there but the little blood suckers was going crazy out there trying to get the last drops of blood before the colder temps kills them off in a couple weeks. I think he had a good time out there. Might have to take him again when some of these leaves fall off so we can see the tree rats a little better.

Next adventure and learning trip will be to get a ground blind and introduce him to deer hunting.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Good Stuff man, I want to take my daugher with me (shes 5) and put her in a blind, cause lord knows, she cant sit still for nothing LOL

Hahaha. I know all to well buddy. My son just turned 6 back in April and he is a ball of energy so there would be no other option but a ground blind and a DS to keep the bordem from setting in too quick lol.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
If my daughter had not lost my OFF bug spray we would have spent more time out there but the little blood suckers was going crazy out there trying to get the last drops of blood before the colder temps kills them off in a couple weeks.

next time let me know, you can borrow the thermacell.

you could also sit in one spot and send him to walk around in a big circle in front of you. as he walks around the backsides of the trees, the squirrels will come around to yourside.:smiley_crocodile:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

you could also sit in one spot and send him to walk around in a big circle in front of you. as he walks around the backsides of the trees, the squirrels will come around to yourside.:smiley_crocodile:

I used to make my little sister to do that all the time growing up. lol

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

Will let ya know. The thermacell would have been a good idea out there that day.

I thought about sending him around the tree however, he didn't want to sit long enough to let the little suckers come back out from spooking them on the way in lol. He did do better then I thought he would though lol.