Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL Safety Harnesses

epe

Lancaster
I use a climbing rope now when climbing up. I set it up when I set up my stand. I feel much safer. The worst part for me was going from steps to stand, or stand to steps. Now I'm locked in at all times.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
When I climb a ladder stand, I maintain three points of contact at all times until I'm sitting down. At that point I tether myself to the tree.
I spoke with a guy a few weeks ago that just recovered from a broken back. Said he was climbing up a stick ladder when it failed. Doesn't matter how many points of contact you have... If what you're holding onto fails, you're going down. I'm guilty... I've never used a lifeline setup yet... But his story has definitely made me think about it a little harder.

Treed

Stark County
I've got a couple extra harnesses that I don't need. Both are stock, no frills harnesses that came with my stands. I've got one from my Summit Viper, it's a few years old but I don't think I ever actually hunted in it and the other came with my ladder stand, it has never been used. They're down in Carrollton but I'll be down there this weekend so I'll have them back up here next week. If someone out there needs a harness, send me a PM with your address and I'll get one out to you. I'll post in this thread if/when they're both gone.

Maxxis31

Deer wood's
Life lines are very important, every stand set i have has a life line, do your self a favor guys for the money they are a must when hunting any elevated stand, you want to make it home to the family after every hunt, no deer is worth an injury or worse, be safe guys.