Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The transition has occurred

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Fellas

The deerless hardwood ridges of summer have become alive with deer . The activity has picked up in just the last week.

I've Been working on this property all summer and the transition has occurred in the past week

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Have you seen any scrapes yet ? Seen some pin oaks dropped on the ground but no whites have dropped off yet.

I need to get my butt back out to the woods this weekend and take a look around and see what's going on in there. Been trying to stay out of there so there deer could just do their thang but so many others have been in there for tree rats I guess I'm not going to goof anything up that they haven't already lol.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
RC..

No scrapes yet. But I'm seeing hardwood ridge activity pick up in just the past week. I did find more rubs today. The Beechnuts are bringing in Deer and lots of bears. I can bet that the privateland guys with the fields are proabably wondering where their deer went..:smiley_clap:

They are back in the timber now.:smiley_bril:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
RC..

No scrapes yet. But I'm seeing hardwood ridge activity pick up in just the past week. I did find more rubs today. The Beechnuts are bringing in Deer and lots of bears. I can bet that the privateland guys with the fields are proabably wondering where their deer went..:smiley_clap:

Went looking today and found a few rubs in the section of the woods that always seems to start way before any other section does. I don't know what it is about this small section but the bucks seem to warm up in this area first and tear up the trees in there. Plenty of oak trees up in there. Didn't find any scrapes yet either. Maybe another week or 2 and this same section will have a ton of them.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
guys with the fields are proabably wondering where their deer went..:smiley_clap:

I've noticed that around here field sighting have dropped off in the past week or so. Still seeing some deer out in the evenings, but I had a feeling with the beans starting to yellow, that the move to acorns is kicking in now...