Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

swamp_donkeys trail cam pics

swamp_donkey819

there actually my buddies trail cam pics but its two different deer we been watching for a few weeks now, one is a 10pt and the other is a 8pt, let me know what ya think. they aint monsters but not basket racks either

Attachments

• huntinland2buck1.jpg
    huntinland2buck1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 172
  • huntinland2buck2.jpg
    huntinland2buck2.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 193
  • huntinland2buck3.jpg
    huntinland2buck3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 173
  • huntinland2buck4.jpg
    huntinland2buck4.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 167

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The 8-point looks like a 2.5 with loads of potential. The 10-point is probably a 3.5 with potential as well. If they make you happy, shoot 'em!!!

swamp_donkey819

well my buddy done claimed the 10pt soon as he seen it so i got that 8pt to choose from or 9pt of the same size prolly a 4.5 yr old at my other land has a big tumor in his belly, but if that 10 walks in front of me before him i might accidentally release an arrow towards it haha hed prolly be mad considering he got me permission to this land which is only about 1.5 acres just outside of a town actually might be in city limits still im not sure

swamp_donkey819

ok got some better pics, now from the pics i previously posted and these ones, i think there is 2 different deer. pretty sure these are new ones and not more pics of the 8 and 10 what do you guys think

Attachments

• 8pt2.jpg
    8pt2.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 8pt.jpg
    8pt.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 9pt.jpg
    9pt.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 9pt2.jpg
    9pt2.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 9pt3.jpg
    9pt3.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 186
  • 9pt4.jpg
    9pt4.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 160

swamp_donkey819

i hope i had them right, i believe the first 2 pics are the new 8pt, the rest are the 9pt, if i miscounted points please let me know the angles suck but its the only place we could mount the trail cam.

swamp_donkey819

thanks im planning on it. hes my target buck for sure this year my buddy said if i pass on it hes gonna shoot it and the 9pt, i think it has a great rack for bein an 8pt and at what 2.5-3.5 yrs old maybe 4.5 i thinkim guessin that by rack size and body neck still kinda throws me. only downside is we dont have anytime daytime pics at all and these are backyard bucks, the landowners are an older couple with no young kids so not sure as to why there still nocturnal

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Any does in the area with consistency? Might be your best bet is to wait for a hot doe and watch them pull those bucks in during the daylight if it is as residential as you make it sound. Darn nice deer though! Hope you put one on the wall!

swamp_donkey819

yea there is a doe that is there constantly on the pole cause we have that apple buck jam she tried to eat that pole, but yea would make a real nice wall hanger and first bow buck, im kinda curious as to what he would score if i had to guess id start low and say 120-130 roughly, other then that one doe thats always on the pole the owner said hes counted around 5 or 6 does all together 3 nice big ones and a couple smaller ones

swamp_donkey819

yea i think they would to, im tryin to wait till around november to shoot one give me some time to save up to get it mounted, and were still trying to figure if the pics are all the same buck or if its a couple different ones

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is a great assortment of bucks Swamp Donkey! I really hope you get to put your hands around a set of antlers this year!