Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Here's the deal about the Post Office

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Private industries will ruin EVERTHING into the ground if you let them. look at what they did to the mississippi river.
Huh? Aren't we talking about the government run USPS that is failing? Amtrack? Is FedEx near bankruptcy? How about the other couriers? Can government do better than the private sector? I don't see it.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I say to hell with plowing at all.... Every vehicle should be rated by ODOT to have a class. Class I II or III...... If it's a level II snow emergency and you drive a Level I Prius, you'll get a ticket for being on the road in a vehicle unfit for the environment you live in... ... People don't ride the crotch rocket to work in the snow, WTF makes them think it's ok to ride a fuggin Prius and blame the county snow plows. I say don't plow at all. And if it's a Level III and you don't have 4x4 tough tits.

I like it! I'm going a step farther...
After midnight, it's drive at your own risk until 3am. If you travel during those hours, you run the risk of being on the road with someone leaving a bar. If you want to drink and drive, do it during those hours and get your ass home by 3. The bar business will boom again. If you drive drunk before midnight or after 3 you're in a heap of shit. Those three hours are your window.

Our economy will get a huge boost!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here's my other plan...
Families that have a history of living off welfare are allowed one kid only. If that kid proves to be a detriment to society by the age of 16 he gets his balls snipped or she gets her tubes tied. This will end this vicious cycle of generations living off of society. I see it everyday in school... white trash parents have 5 or 6 white trash kids and they could give two shits about their education. They know school is pointless because when they turn 18 they can live off the system in government housing. Mom and dad, or just mom, sits at home all day on the front porch smoking cigarettes waiting on her kids to get off the bus. Makes me sick. You should see these parents when they come in for open house. They wear pajamas, smell like booze, and look like hell.
What does this have to do with the USPS? Nothing, but these people are part of the giant problem.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I like it! I'm going a step farther...
After midnight, it's drive at your own risk until 3am. If you travel during those hours, you run the risk of being on the road with someone leaving a bar. If you want to drink and drive, do it during those hours and get your ass home by 3. The bar business will boom again. If you drive drunk before midnight or after 3 you're in a heap of shit. Those three hours are your window.

Our economy will get a huge boost!

Or drunks get to drive with their flashers on and people have to treat them like ambulances or police cars and pull over out of the way.. lmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Mike, I agree with alot of what you are saying! These lowlifes have been bilking the system and riding our shirttails long enough! Time to cut off all the entitlement programs and put these people to work..........like cleaning the streets or picking up trash or something! Something has to be done!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No shit! There is an area of Steubenville I drive through every morning and afternoon. In the afternoons I see the same 15-20 bums out on their front porches of their run down rental homes just having a grand ol time.
There is no other way to put it about this area but it is trash. I just drive through shaking my head. And their kids go to our school and you can just see it in these kids. They are in a beeline for the same lifestyle.
Why work when someone else can and they can benefit.

I can see in the windows of some if these homes and there are big screen tvs, stereo systems... Hell, some even have nice cars. Wtf?

There are so many other things I could say to describe these people but it's just not appropriate here.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hanging out with Biden much?

Huck, I think you know me a little better than that. Haven't you figured out yet I don't follow politics as much as I should? If my thoughts on population control on the people milking society are the same as Biden it is purely coincidental. :smiley_bril:

I feel bad for people who have good jobs and want to work are getting cut back or let go while people who are capable of working are sitting back and collecting government checks. Maybe I'm way out of line and uneducated about how our economy works, but it seems to me if we would quit nurturing these people there would be alot more money in the bank to take care of the positive people in our society.
Sorry if I offended anyone. :smiley_bestfriends:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Cotty, people need a hand up not a hand out. What happened before welfare programs? people turned to their churches for help. I am not the church goingest man around here in fact i have not been for SEVERAL years...but i firmly believe once we kicked god out of our lives and government, we became a poorer society morally and ethically. We kick them off the tit and refocus all our lives to family and community we will once again be able to make this nation great. the bolded word is a big word that encompasses many topics.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Cotty, people need a hand up not a hand out. What happened before welfare programs? people turned to their churches for help. I am not the church goingest man around here in fact i have not been for SEVERAL years...but i firmly believe once we kicked god out of our lives and government, we became a poorer society morally and ethically. We kick them off the tit and refocus all our lives to family and community we will once again be able to make this nation great. the bolded word is a big word that encompasses many topics.

Amen.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So the post office is spending 145 million on TV and print adds to help stem it's 10 billion in losses this year because apparently the problem is nobody has ever heard of the US Postal service..

Here is the real problem...

Yesterday I needed to Overnight a 2.8lb package to Indiana.

USPS overnight air online with a 15% discount was $22.83
UPS ground online without a "discount... $9.27

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
"Chief among those obligations is the mandate imposed upon the postal service by Congress in 2006 with the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act, which requires it to pre-fund its retiree health benefits with payments of about $5.6 billion each year through 2016. This is the only government agency that is required to do so."

Read more: http://napavalleyregister.com/news/...340-11e0-bd5b-001cc4c03286.html#ixzz1ZSpieoA3

the government screwed up the government...go figure right.?

Huckleberry Finn

Huck, I think you know me a little better than that. Haven't you figured out yet I don't follow politics as much as I should? If my thoughts on population control on the people milking society are the same as Biden it is purely coincidental.
Bro, it was just coincidental that you made an intelligent, studied remark at the same time when the VP was shooting his mouth off. I have no question that you see a lot of tough situations day in and day out as a teacher (as I come from a family of teachers).

--
Strongly agree with Milo.

--

Obviously there are price increases/decreases with the level of service. I've done enough shipping with UPS to know that ground can get there in a day and guaranteed overnight 10am can never get delivered...

If it's important, put it on the hillbilly express.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
So the post office is spending 145 million on TV and print adds to help stem it's 10 billion in losses this year because apparently the problem is nobody has ever heard of the US Postal service..

Here is the real problem...

Yeah Joe, but I had two packages come down the Anchorage Alaska slide on Tuesday that were both wrapped poorly by the sender and waaaaaay over weight. They were both filled with dumbells stacked and meshed together in boxes the size of 3 shoe boxes stacked on top of each other! (close to the size of a Stetson hat box but not as deep). Fuggars weighed over 60 lbs. Going from Lex. Ky. all the way to Anchorage fuggin Alaska(priority 2 day delivery) they were just $14.95 apiece! Now thats a friggin DEAL!!! UPS not only would not deliver it because of the poor wrapping job but in desolate off the beaten roads they take such packages to the nearest USPO and have us take it the rest of the way! Because they will not drive 50 miles one way to deliver one package but since the USPS has too, they send it on thru us.

Bottomline: There is a hidden agenda among those in Washington trying to bust the unions! Speaking of the mandate in 2006 passed thru congress, it is my opinion that there are high roller friends of these pollutants(lol)in Washington that have been seeing the PO as entity they would like to take over and privatize! Like I said earlier, the USPS has ALWAYS made a profit for the most part but that was up until congress'es attempt to tear it down with the mandate and now sb5. I think its sad when those in Washington who are filthy rich living with free rides in health care and retirement pensions that hit 6 and 7 digits are saying that union workers are over paid!WTF!!!

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Update: The ups ground package was delivered today at 4pm as guaranteed.

FS.
When you mentioned that the post office always made a profit for the most part until congress tore it down.. I think you meant to say. " until free market capitalism started delivering household packages.

By logic every penny ups, FedEx etc make is potential usps revenue. That's a big bite out of potential profit. They left usps with the only part of the business they want no part of. Mass mailing of junk mail. Try as they may the bread and butter services have been taken from the post office and now the usps can't survive on bulk mail junk alone. And much of that physical spam has been replaced with electronic spam. Companies like constant contact have dug onto even the usps junk mail revinue. Add up all the money that places like UPS, FedEx, and the other places make, its all revinue that was at some point taken from the post office.

tuffshot

The Crew
No shit! There is an area of Steubenville I drive through every morning and afternoon. In the afternoons I see the same 15-20 bums out on their front porches of their run down rental homes just having a grand ol time.
There is no other way to put it about this area but it is trash. I just drive through shaking my head. And their kids go to our school and you can just see it in these kids. They are in a beeline for the same lifestyle.
Why work when someone else can and they can benefit.

I can see in the windows of some if these homes and there are big screen tvs, stereo systems... Hell, some even have nice cars. Wtf?

There are so many other things I could say to describe these people but it's just not appropriate here.

The sad part is, tax money pays for them to be there, tax money pays for the cops to watch them and try and bust them after they break in your house and steal shit, and then, and then, tax money pays for the courts to slap a small fine on them that is covered by taxes then let them out again to do the same thing all over again.

As for the USPO, they pay more money to try and keep from spending money than any other entity, except maybe a hospital. Never did figure out why a hospital needs to advertize.

Last edited: