Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

squirrels with warbles

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I may catch heat for it.. But in the rare event that I shoot one with a warble i toss em... Nothing in nature goes to waste. ;)

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I'm with Joe, I wouldn't even mess with it. Then again, I don't squirrel hunt very much either. Getting the itch to shoot something though.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
toss the warble or the squirrel ?

The whole squirrel. They may be safe to eat but then again so are deer assholes.. But you won't catch me frying up a batch of them. I would love for a biologist to tell me this directly, my first words will be "Then you eat it"... Bet they don't

swamp_donkey819

right ill prolly do the same, unless it has 4 or 5 warble then thats alot of meat gone, never worried about warble before but with all this heat this year was really unsure if they would still have them or not, my buddy said not every single one is gonna have them

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I may catch heat for it.. But in the rare event that I shoot one with a warble i toss em... Nothing in nature goes to waste. ;)

I do the same. It's been a few years since I've killed one that had them. But I'll be damned if I'm eating a tree rat loaded with those little bastards!

lung buster

hocking county
I leave them for the hawks. I used to have a neighbor that would eat them and I would always give any with a warble to him. He has moved so I now leave them for the other predators. I usually kill a couple a year with a warble or two.