Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gameplan Gear TTS vs. Molle Pack Straps

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
GPG replaced mine with no questions asked. The replacement model that I received is an updated version with additional bar tacks sewn in. That being said, I think 60 pounds is asking a lot from a TTS... or any pack system for that matter. I don't think the TTS is designed to handle that kind of weight.

60 pounds is 20 more than I carry when I'm on a 4 day long elk hunt, carrying food and shelter. My tts is a couple years old I carry a lone wolf sit and climb and my cat quiver. I use almost every time I hunt and the tts is in good shape. I did permanently attach the stand because with the clips it moved around to much for my liking .

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
They probably shouldn't of guaranteed those lol. What are you using now for your mobile setup?
Just depends on what I think I'm getting into. If I know I can find a good tree to hang in, I'll take the Millennium. If I'm not sure if I'll find a straight tree, I'll take the Muddy. It's more forgiving as it has leveling capabilities.

reo

N.E. Ohio
2 years going on 3 with my molle frame, belt shoulder strap system could not be happier. I bought some cheap cam lock straps ant they are permanently on the frame for securing/removing any load I have put on it nice and quick. I have maybe $50 in it including cam straps. Never used the TTS so I cannot offer direct comparison. Just bought another set of shoulder straps and belt that I permanently mounted to my climber.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
2 years going on 3 with my molle frame, belt shoulder strap system could not be happier. I bought some cheap cam lock straps ant they are permanently on the frame for securing/removing any load I have put on it nice and quick. I have maybe $50 in it including cam straps. Never used the TTS so I cannot offer direct comparison. Just bought another set of shoulder straps and belt that I permanently mounted to my climber.
Do you leave your molle frame attached to the stand when you hunt?

reo

N.E. Ohio
That's what I'll be doing, I have no choice as there's 10 zip ties holding it on lol. Take some pics of yours when you get time if you don't mind.

Not a bad idea. I just never thought of it. I use it to haul multiple hang on stands, some get left in for the season.