Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gordos trail cam pics

Gordo

Athens County
Im an idiot. Had my scout guard cam set to 3 mega p instead of 5. Realized it and got some crispier pictures.

Gordo

Athens County
Gonna go check that camera again tommorow. Im pretty sure hes the same buck i was getting pics of last year at the same time of year. Ill dig up a picture.

Im nervous because last year he dissappeared from mid october until mid january.

About the same time he left is when the ghost buck i hunted hard last year showed up. Im really hoping he shows up again in the next week or two.

I havent been running cams long enough to see if certain bucks hold the same yearly pattern in term of home range.

This afternoon ill b checking a cam at the new farm i just got permission for. Hopes are high!

Gordo

Athens County

I think thats him from last year, but i could be wrong.

The characterisic that makes me think its him is the bladed/flat tine on his left side and similarity of the frame as a whole.

Gordo

Athens County
First camera check on the new farm. Not bad considering i put the cam out on monday and checked it today.

I will say im dissapointed on the moultrie cam. Pretty much bought it and it went straight to work. When i walked up to it today, sure enough i heard a click when it took a picture of me. Just what i was trying to get away from.

Who the hell would engineer a camera that would do that? Its like my two primos-35 cams. I got plenty of pics of deer bolting because they heard it. What a piece

Might have to order up some spy points through TOO or get a couple more covert/scoutguards.

Here's the highlight reel.

Gordo

Athens County
2nd camera check at new farm. Two new bucks. The genetics seem to be there, just havent got a real bruiser on cam yet. Gotta love those long brow tines on the first one!

Last edited:

Gordo

Athens County
Finally got a different buck at the main property(dates wrong on the cam).

And of course "the dude" is still around. I think the smart fuggar is still growing. I sure wish he'd make a mistake already!