Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New camo!!..I am kinda excited

I just found a used ASAT Vanish Pro 3D leafy suit for 50$ shipped:pickle:...There like 150$ new....Most everything I own is Mossy oak new break up(surprise right) an pretty faded.To be honest its a dark blobby camo if you ask me..I bought it all when i didnt know any better.Alot of poly based under layers are OD green..An my fleece mid layers are green blacks an browns...I can dress for the weather an wear the 2xl leafy suit over it all..I know when you buy the ASAT stuff new..If you dont see more game after wearing it for a year..They will buy it back...Here is some links if your not familiar with there stuff..I think the concept an pics are pretty good..Kinda like predator or vertigo..Except you can get a leafy suit in either if those patterns

Video link below an a Youtube video at bottom

http://www.asatcamo.com/2_1_commercial.htm

69 photos link
http://www.asatcamo.com/2_2_testphotos.htm#location1

[video=youtube;pIiBqe3YzCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIiBqe3YzCw[/video]

swamp_donkey819

awesome, id jump all over it, ive been a real tree person since i started hunting at 16 just now got the new mossy oak break up infinity, its awesome but that camo in the video is better lol , i want a suit like that

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have The Warm Bag in ASAT. Otherwise, I think the best camo (for tree stand hunting) is a well placed stand with a hunter not moving around too much. Just my opinion.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
In the generally barren trees of southeast Ohio the suit is sub par but on the ground it cannot be beat. I love mine in early season. I generally switch to predator in November. The suit is a great weapon in my arsenal.

In the generally barren trees of southeast Ohio the suit is sub par but on the ground it cannot be beat. I love mine in early season. I generally switch to predator in November. The suit is a great weapon in my arsenal.

I guess time will tell..I think predator,vertigo ,optifade an ASAT would all be more effective then all the other patterns out..There based on the same Principle.If i found a good deal on any of those patterns I would jump all over it...An the ASAT is a huge improvement over the old mossy oak an real tree stuff I got now..

Milo

Tatonka guide.
if ASAT would do a grey tone instead of tan they would kick ass in the treestand camo market. wish they would do that cause it would be hard to beat them.

if ASAT would do a grey tone instead of tan they would kick ass in the treestand camo market. wish they would do that cause it would be hard to beat them.

Thats funny you said that..Cause I wish predator fall patterns came in a leafy suit cause I would want one...Im set as far as mid an base layers..Hence wanting a leafy suit with a good patterns on it..Just to wear over whatever...I do think the ASAT will still be better in a tree then Mo new break up or Real tree hardwoods..Which is what i was using before...What do you think milo??

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
i prefer very light gray tones in the trees i hunt. lots of people are asking for 3d leafy predator but it defeats the purpose of it so they wont do it. Realtree hardwoods is a decent pattern...i have to be careful in trees and not wear anything that makes me look bigger than i already am:smiley_blackeye: i also like having a suit to wear over warmer clothes. the light brown just sticks out too much and remeber with a leafy suit against a skyline, when you move the leafy stuff is gonna move with you. better find yourself a good arm guard to keep it from catching in your bow string.

i prefer very light gray tones in the trees i hunt. lots of people are asking for 3d leafy predator but it defeats the purpose of it so they wont do it. Realtree hardwoods is a decent pattern...i have to be careful in trees and not wear anything that makes me look bigger than i already am:smiley_blackeye: i also like having a suit to wear over warmer clothes. the light brown just sticks out too much and remeber with a leafy suit against a skyline, when you move the leafy stuff is gonna move with you. better find yourself a good arm guard to keep it from catching in your bow string.

I have always used a arm guard do keep the bulk down on my bow arm..I plan on trimming some leaves off the arm as well

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I wear Mossy Oak Treestand and love it... Really blends in and busts up the outline.

1329-TS1.jpg

Here is a great thread showing the different patterns in various situations. Granted they're all out west but it's still a good comparison for blending etc.

Notice how in the color pics the Realtree AP looks great... But flip the pics to Black and White and it's a whole different story. Same with MO Treestand except an opposite reaction... Doesn't look that great in color, but looks awesome in B&W.. I didn't like the pattern at first but did a bunch of research on it and found some at a great price. It's about all I wear now.

Anyways, check out the pics.
http://www.graylightproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1008

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I need new camo but I am just TOO frugal. I cant see spending $300 on new camo. Guess I need to hit the clearance racks this winter.

Beentown

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
so are going to change your handle to ohio ASAT?

I like the asat, but my budget dosent. I wear whatever I find on sale at walmart:smiley_bril:

If I had unlimited funds though I would go with either the ASAT, or predator.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
i am bout to roll with some asat as well.. working a deal on AT for an Elite Series Jacket and Pants... I am just tired of the regular stuff and want to try something different...