Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gloves

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
best advise i got is to find something that dries fast. i use rocky early season gloves all year they are a early season quick drying glove that i put in my muff( there is said it) but the material is poly like and does not really hold water when they are inside the muff getting warm.... gonna need some skittles after this post aren't I?

All kidding aside, Milo brings up a great point here. Using a muff, your hands will have a tendency to sweat if you leave them in there too long. I usually just take my hands out every-so-often to cool them down... But moisture-wicking thin gloves is a good idea.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Don't you gloveless guys worry around winging your yellow-crayon colored hands around in the woods?

I keep 'em covered up in the muff most of the time. But when they're out, it's not a big deal IMO.... Deer seldom look up 25-30 ft. Even if they did, my hands are going to look pretty small up that high (lol... just thought of that burger king commercial). If you keep your hands still, I doubt they could tell the difference between light, open spots in the canopy and your hands.

Huckleberry Finn

If you keep your hands still, I doubt they could tell the difference between light, open spots in the canopy and your hands.

Not to belabor the point, but how exactly do you keep your hands still while you are drawing back a bow? haha. I get what you're saying about being up in a tree though. I do like the muff idea, buy a pair of UA gloves for the early and then stick 'em in a muff. thanks guys for all the suggestions

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I found a pair of scent blocker gloves that were very thin and on sale about 3 years ago, I liked the light weight/mesh type material for early season. I have never found a pair of heavy gloves or cold weather gloves that I could deal with during late season bow hunting. I will definitely be going the "muff" route this year after reading this thread. Heck any time you can stick your hand in a muff you are doing good IMO.... :pickle:

Diablo54

Outside
I normally wear a pair of "jersey gloves" and have a muff with a hand warmer inside. Will be switchin to the UA's this year.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not to belabor the point, but how exactly do you keep your hands still while you are drawing back a bow? haha. I get what you're saying about being up in a tree though. I do like the muff idea, buy a pair of UA gloves for the early and then stick 'em in a muff. thanks guys for all the suggestions

You're not supposed to move when they're looking at you, boy! Dang newbs..... lmao

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That is my thought if they are looking at you while you are drawing your bow, you don't have to worry about them seeing your hands. They are going to see you moving around.

Kinda the same thing with my face mask. I wear a face mask while hunting. But when it comes time to draw my bow I pull the mask down. The reason for this is while shooting my bow I never shoot with a mask on. So while hunting if I leave the mask up it has a good possability of throwing off my anchor point.

Oh and as far as having my hands in the "vicinity" I will never complain about having my hands in the vicintity of a muff. As long as it ain't looking like a freakin jungle. :smiley_crocodile:

Huckleberry Finn

I am an utter dumbass, just a fuggin moron.

So I'm looking at UA gloves on Cabela's right now...and there's the cold gear black ones? I own a pair. Such a freaking moron. I have a black cold gear hat and the UA gloves that I keep with my black wool coat.

I'm such a freaking dunce...what a dumbass. I think I even wore them hunting this year a few times. Guess I don't need to even buy a new pair of gloves - or get a camo pair. I can't believe myself. Ungrateful idiot, think I got them for Christmas last year!