Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gloves

Huckleberry Finn

Looking for some new gloves. I keep buying the cheapos from wingsupply but am looking for something to keep my hands warmer - but also something to wear during early season bowhunting.

I was looking at Underarmour gloves tonight (cold gear and otherwise) and my primary concern is if they will hold up through the season...and for seasons to come

Suggestions?

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
under armour stretch fit gloves are the ticket, ive had my two seasons but this year they are getting worn down so im gonna replace. They are thing enough for bowhunting but lined to also keep your hands warm.

Huckleberry Finn

Bowhunting in October to January bow hunting...might mean 2 pairs of course. Hand warmers cost me a shot on a trike buck at Sandridge last year and I don't like using handwarmers while bowhuntin

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I wear the light weight UA gloves and love them. I never wear heavy gloves. Having had all different kinds of gloves over the years, the UA gloves will always be what I wear...

Schu72

Streetsboro
I wear unlined camo skinz in the early season, in the later season I wear a gortex/thinsulate winter glove on my non-shooting hand and add a cheap middle weight glove to the camo skinz on my shooting hand. I also keep my coverall unzipped a little so I can slip my shooting hand inside my coverall.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
For cold weather I prefer the mitten style that can be flipped back to reveal fingerless gloves. Your fingers stay warmer being in contact with each other and you can insert handwarmers if it's necessary.

For warmer weather I use Under armor style (cheaper no names) with rubber dotted grips on the palm and fingers. I'm going on three seasons with them and they are comfy.

If it's really warm I use my quad riding gloves just to keep the skeeters off my hands.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
How long have they lasted Jesse?

I get a new pair every year. Between all the hours I'm on stand in deer season, waterfowling, shed hunting, and turkey, it doesn't take me long to wear them out. I also have huge hands and wear out gloves like crazy, even leather work gloves. When you amortize $30 over an easy couple hundred hours and dozens of trips afield, its worth it to me. I like the snug fit and the fact I can wear them from 50 degrees to 10 degrees and stay comfortable.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I have a pair that I use for early season that are light weight and I just use them for camo purposes. Once it gets cold out I don't wear gloves. I have one of those hand muffs that goes around your waist and you just slide your hands in there. Keeps them very toasty and you don't have to worry about big bulky gloves when it comes to taking a shot.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have a pair that I use for early season that are light weight and I just use them for camo purposes. Once it gets cold out I don't wear gloves. I have one of those hand muffs that goes around your waist and you just slide your hands in there. Keeps them very toasty and you don't have to worry about big bulky gloves when it comes to taking a shot.

Yep me too except I keep wearing the thin gloves (Rocky) just to keep the cold conduction down if I grab my bow and have too hold it for a while.

Beentown

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have too many pairs to discuss. Generally a lightweight knit style glove in the early season. I also end up using the hand warmer more times than not in the late season. This year might be different as I will be in a big ASAT camo sleeping bag called The Warm Bag.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I wear the light weight UA gloves and love them. I never wear heavy gloves. Having had all different kinds of gloves over the years, the UA gloves will always be what I wear...

This is what I do. Love those gloves. I always wear lightweight stuff. Usually my bow is on the hanger and I keep a handwarmer in each coat pocket during the colder days

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I don't wear gloves anymore. I could never find any that would keep my hands warm while just sitting on stand. I broke down and purchased one of those hand muffs and for cold weather toss in a hand warmer and I'm good to go. Put the release in there and hang the bow up and when the deer walk in I'm ready to go.

Keep us updated on the gloves and how they work for ya.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't wear gloves anymore. I could never find any that would keep my hands warm while just sitting on stand. I broke down and purchased one of those hand muffs and for cold weather toss in a hand warmer and I'm good to go. Put the release in there and hang the bow up and when the deer walk in I'm ready to go.

Keep us updated on the gloves and how they work for ya.

Yep... That's how I roll, too. No gloves for me when I'm deer hunting. My hand muff keeps my hands warmer than any pair of gloves I've ever had, and it keeps my release nice and toasty as well.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
best advise i got is to find something that dries fast. i use rocky early season gloves all year they are a early season quick drying glove that i put in my muff( there is said it) but the material is poly like and does not really hold water when they are inside the muff getting warm.... gonna need some skittles after this post aren't I?