Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Few pics from behind the house.

FredT

SE Ohio
Here are a few pics of who is behind the house. The bucks did not come in. (7 point and a small 6 point)

FredT

SE Ohio
BM, first I will only take an 8 point or better back there. It has almost always been during the rut between 1 Nov and Thanksgiving. After that I go somewhere else for does. The bucks do come in after my does during the rut, quite brazen at times. My does know me very well and do not care if I am climbing up into my stand. They will watch me if I go up while they are there. They just want their daily ration of food.

In the pic above my hat you can see my stand. The shot where the does are is about 20 to 25 yards. The bucks normally come out of a large draw behind my stand and will walk right under it or to my left hand a bit. If I do not move or screw up some how, I get the jump on them. If they come in from my front, so much the better.

A couple taken back there.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Even better! Didn't think this could get better, but it did. Loving it FredT! Not only do you have a unique relationship with these deer, but you look out for their best interest by keeping those mean and horny big bucks away from them.rotflmao

Keep on sharing FredT, I enjoy it!