Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ever calm deer herd scent

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just goty every calm in the mail and wow,smells like a pile of deer,lol...

I just bet the USPS just hates delivering the stuff. My package smelled when I took it out of the mailbox. I wonder how many packages are throwed away by USPS employees?
Frank

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I just recently became all the more aware of this stuff when I was watching one of the hunting shows on TV this morning & this was featured . I got to thinking about something I have done in the past & I honestly keep forgetting about trying it again ... so let me be the oddball. I use to take a stick of SpeedStick deodorant & rub it on trees around my stand & also place the whole thing out so deer will investigate as they pass thru. It will make them hang around for a bit longer as they will lick it. The deer that came thru never did spook & my reasoning is that .... we all take strides not to smell like humans, therefore this is something deer have not experienced. It's also sweet, & deer like sweetness. I've never shot a deer using this method, since I didn't try it for very long. Other guys I've told just looked at me like I was nuts ... the same look my wife gives me from time to time, so I didn't think anything of their disbelief. Anyway, I will plan on buying some EverCalm at Dick's the next time I'm in town, but the deodorant would be interesting to try just the same.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I just recently became all the more aware of this stuff when I was watching one of the hunting shows on TV this morning & this was featured . I got to thinking about something I have done in the past & I honestly keep forgetting about trying it again ... so let me be the oddball. I use to take a stick of SpeedStick deodorant & rub it on trees around my stand & also place the whole thing out so deer will investigate as they pass thru. It will make them hang around for a bit longer as they will lick it. The deer that came thru never did spook & my reasoning is that .... we all take strides not to smell like humans, therefore this is something deer have not experienced. It's also sweet, & deer like sweetness. I've never shot a deer using this method, since I didn't try it for very long. Other guys I've told just looked at me like I was nuts ... the same look my wife gives me from time to time, so I didn't think anything of their disbelief. Anyway, I will plan on buying some EverCalm at Dick's the next time I'm in town, but the deodorant would be interesting to try just the same.

The only question that comes to mind reading that Kevin is "How do you know speed stick tastes sweet?" :what:;)

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
The very first time I used the evercalm was Saturday morning, the buck my son shot was just getting done sniffing a willow branch that I put it on about 45 minutes prior. I used it Sunday morning and had 5 does and yearlings in front of me for 20 minutes and they were very curious about the scent also. They were not spooky at all, they just kept milling around smelling where I had walked in from. I will continue to use the stuff.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
The very first time I used the evercalm was Saturday morning, the buck my son shot was just getting done sniffing a willow branch that I put it on about 45 minutes prior. I used it Sunday morning and had 5 does and yearlings in front of me for 20 minutes and they were very curious about the scent also. They were not spooky at all, they just kept milling around smelling where I had walked in from. I will continue to use the stuff.
good deal gern....its good stuff...

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
After I posted, I drove into town & stopped at Dunhams, then grabbed grabbed some lunch TOO. They wanted $20.99 but with my AAA, I got a bit of a discount. I'm very excited about trying this. I didn't get out this morning like I had hoped, but hopefully tomorrow.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Im not saying it is going to draw them right in, but once they are within smelling range it seems to attract them to the areas you put it.

Buckmaster

Portage
Last weekend I created a couple mock scraps and put some Evercalm on the overhanging branches. We shall see if these scraps have taken off this weekend.