Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ever calm deer herd scent

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I read your post on the EverCalm Deer Herd so I ordered so and got it in today. The stuff smells even through a sealed plastic bag. No wonder the deer can smell the stuff. I will try it tommorrow and will report back the results. I will smear some in front of my game cam also. This should be interesting.
Anyone ever use their VS-1 estrus urine & vaginal secretions product? I ordered the combo package.
Frank

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I read your post on the EverCalm Deer Herd so I ordered so and got it in today. The stuff smells even through a sealed plastic bag. No wonder the deer can smell the stuff. I will try it tommorrow and will report back the results. I will smear some in front of my game cam also. This should be interesting.
Anyone ever use their VS-1 estrus urine & vaginal secretions product? I ordered the combo package.
Frank

You order from Cabelas or was that some adult store you are referring to? Geesh Frank, I didn't know you were a perve. lol

To answer your question: No. Ever Calm is all I have tried.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
I have been using this for a couple of years also, but I do not put any on myself or boots. I rub it on the branches above mock scrapes and it draws every buck in the area to that scrape. I have also used there buck and estorous stick but I dont think either one of those are worth the time, effort or $. The deer herd in a stick is around $20 but lasts for a while.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
How much is this??

I bought mine off Ebay and had it in 4 days.
The Calm Deer Herd is 16.98 with free shipping.
The Combo pack is 55.93 with free shipping.

Going to use the Calm Deer Herd tommorrow and put it on a boot drag then put it on a bush when I get to my stand. I will put the other scent on a drag also and hang it with the first.
Plus I will but both scents on a tree near my stand and game cam.
Frank

Buckmaster

Portage
I bought a stick last year for trial. I'm still in trial mode. I cannot approve or disapprove using this stuff yet. No profound effects yet.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mine arrived, and I can't wait to try it out! We set up in funnels almost exclusively, and the deer are usually moving along pretty good when they get in front of us. Getting them stopped at just the right time has proven to be a challenge when hunting with Mason. I sincerely hope this stuff slows 'em down long enough for him to get an arrow in them. Like anything, it will be fun to try it out regardless.