Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

score baby score

well last year i got permission for a good property , through that person i scored a better property , i have been doing odd jobs for a guy all summer for free , and its paying off , he gave me permission to hunt his 300 acres this year , he strictly manages this property for big bucks and has the mounts on the wall to prove he knows what he is doing , there is two , 200 inch mounts , 5 inbetween 150 and 185 , and bunch of other 130 and 140's , ill get some pics next time over there and post them up for yall , but the best part is to come , i get full use of the property , from putting in food plots to hanging stands , camera's , feeders ,blinds , cutting trails basicly anything i wanna do short of clear cutting , i guess karma loves me , i couldnt ask for a better property to cut my teeth on getting my first archery deer , im super excited and had to share the news

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
This the neighbor to the managed property you hunted last year ? I remember you said last year the property you hunted during gun season was a 150" minimum. You get all the good spots I tell ya. Nobody up here manages anything. If it's brown it gets shot at.

Good luck on the new property buddy. I can't wait to see some pics start rolling in soon. I'm a sucker for big deer pics lol.

Kaiser878

ohio
Ya what JD said. SOmething seems odd. I dont know anyone who strictly manages any land and has a wall full of huge bucks that lets anyone have "free Reign" of their property!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Ya what JD said. SOmething seems odd. I dont know anyone who strictly manages any land and has a wall full of huge bucks that lets anyone have "free Reign" of their property!

You can only cull so much before you have too bring in someone else..... Congrats Mark on the land..... That's always a good thing too get....

Huckleberry Finn

he strictly manages this property for big bucks and has the mounts on the wall to prove he knows what he is doing , there is two , 200 inch mounts , 5 inbetween 150 and 185 , and bunch of other 130 and 140's ,

Then don't cull the first 85 inch three point that walks in front of you!

This the neighbor to the managed property you hunted last year ? I remember you said last year the property you hunted during gun season was a 150" minimum. You get all the good spots I tell ya. Nobody up here manages anything. If it's brown it gets shot at.

Good luck on the new property buddy. I can't wait to see some pics start rolling in soon. I'm a sucker for big deer pics lol.

i met this guy through them ,

this guy cant get around very well due to an accident , we have become pretty close friends over the summer , i do alot of work for him , yard work , odd jobs , we made the deal i help him do stuff round the house and property and i get free reign for hunting and such , i have basiclly become a non paid farm hand , he allows kids and younger people to shoot smaller deer , but any adult there is a size limit , he has an odd way of keeping bucks on the property , ill explain that another time , but it works for him , im heading over there either today or tomorrow to work on a food plot for him , ill post up pics as soon as i get em, the property from last year was a bust i was basicly fed a line of bull to get to hunt it , once i hunted it , i was told what deer to shoot , what deer not to shoot , where to hunt , what times to hunt , it was a big mess

didnt make it over there today , but will be there most of the week he is selling his racing pigeons to buy some pet deer , this guy finds a new hobby every year , this year its deer , so anyway , he called me tonight and were making plans for fall food plots and feeders , he feeds deer year round so it looks like i got my work cut out for me the next few weeks , but its gonna be worth it to harvest my first buck over 20 inchs,another thing that has me excited is i can put cams on the property so now i can get really serious into the game camera game

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I got a Trophy Cam I will sell you.:smiley_crocodile:

Good luck Mark. I wish you the best of luck. Sounds like you hit the lottery.