Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mao's Trail Cam Pics

Kaiser878

ohio
I dont think it will marcus. HE is going to lose a lot of mass when that velvet comes off. I say he will gross in the high 130s. I have a buck very similar to that one this year also. Same boat, just needs one more year!

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I dont think it will marcus. HE is going to lose a lot of mass when that velvet comes off. I say he will gross in the high 130s. I have a buck very similar to that one this year also. Same boat, just needs one more year!

thats what i was thinkin to man... hope to try and get my dad a crack at him..

Mao

Coshocton, OH
MDGC0479.jpgMDGC0803.jpgMDGC1015.jpgMDGC0778.jpg

Thought these does looked a little unusual. One has a black mane and the other has a black face. I thought the doe yelling was pretty funny as well. Notice the big bulge on the bucks neck. Looks like maybe he has been shot before. Ive been getting pics of him almost every day. Some in the middle of the afternoon and many right before dark. I still do no think he will net 140. Maybe someone can convince me other wise. I think I am going to let dad have the first crack at him.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The bulge in the neck is what my neck feels like about right now. Darn good looking buck. Maybe he just needs my chiropractor's number? One more visit and I think I am good to go. Might do wonders for your buck. Might even put him over 140"? I don't know, but worth a chance. :smiley_crocodile:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I would not worry about the bulge Marcus. There was one of the bucks I harvested had a big ball like that on its neck right where the neck meets the brisket. Was the size of a soft ball and almost hard as a rock. I was worried that there was going to be something wrong with the meat, but the processor told me there was nothing wrong. It was more than likely he had been gored while fighting with another buck. He said the hide is so thick on the deer that they can get injured and it not penetrate the hide. So it just starts building up puss in the hide its self. That is what it reminded me of when I saw the picture.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Real nice looking buck Marcus! I think your right though, his brows prolly keeps him just shy of 140. Goodluck to your dad! Nice trophy for anyone!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Thats a great looking buck.... I love that little crab claw out on his right beam. I would have a hard time passing him, dont know if I would eat him with those bumps tho.