Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hang On Stand

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I make what are called " T " bars.... all they consist of is a lag bolt about 6" long with a piece of 3/8" or 1/4" rebar (about 4-5" long) welded to the top of the bolt and centered. You screw the T bar into the tree at the desired height of your seat bracing and lift your stand up there and set it right into the T-bar... it will hold your stand perfectly up against the tree while you finish securing it with your ratchet straps.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Buy a Lone wolf EZ hang strap and hook. Take a piece of 550 paracord and secure it around the tubing that goes from the platform to the seat. Leave a loop in the paracord so that hangs just above the seat. When you reach the desired height, install the strap, pull the stand up and hang the stand on it so you have both hands free to tighten the treestand straps.

I will be purchasing a Muddy stand here in a week or so, and this is what I intend on doing. You can actually buy the ez hang hook for $5. The muddy stands come with two straps, a cinch strap with a loop on each end, and a ratchet strap with a loop on each end. My plan is to use the cinch strap, ez hang hook, and paracord to hold the stand in place while I tighten the ratchet strap. Once it is secure, I will remove the ez hang hook from the strap and secure it to the stand.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Fluteman... Have you seen the new muddy bloodsport.. It has a dual rope cam system like the sticks have instead of straps... I think it's a hunter pro size though so not what you're looking for exactly.. 10.5 lbs and $219

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Fluteman... Have you seen the new muddy bloodsport.. It has a dual rope cam system like the sticks have instead of straps... I think it's a hunter pro size though so not what you're looking for exactly.. 10.5 lbs and $219

Yeah, I saw it. I like the cam design, but I dislike the platform size. I had the pro hunter and the platform was just to small, that's why I got rid of it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah, I saw it. I like the cam design, but I dislike the platform size. I had the pro hunter and the platform was just to small, that's why I got rid of it.

I agree. I don't much care for mine for the same reason. That's why i wanna get a M100 Millennium. Chillin out maxin relaxin on cool. lol

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I agree. I don't much care for mine for the same reason. That's why i wanna get a M100 Millennium. Chillin out maxin relaxin on cool. lol

I love the Millennium, it's got climber comfort in a hang-on. It's the only stand Kate feels comfortable hunting from, so I'm stuck with the Muddy for this year. LOL Actually, it is hard to film from the Millennium, that's why I'm picking up a Muddy. Next year I will have another Millennium. If the rumors are true, they will have a stand with leveling capabilities by then.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm pretty excited about the hang on I got. It's a guide gear for $50. It is just like a climber. I hung it on a tree behind my house and man is it comfy. It's got the back rest, the soft ass area...
I'll be asleep in no time.

Say what nigga.. Link please..