Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

got my eye on the prize

turkey_slayer67

ray ohio
iv been watchin these 3 bucks in this bean feild one id say 125 in,other bout 130-135 other is probly a 150 in...but the thng is the feild were the bucks are is 60 yards from the dang highway ...so im not for sure if i should hang a set an take a chance for somone to steal my stands sticks...wat would u guys do??

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I would hang a stand and haul the sticks in each time I hunted it. Keeps your tree stand safe and keeps your climbing sticks save as well. The other plus is that others can't get in your stand and use it.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I would hang a stand and haul the sticks in each time I hunted it. Keeps your tree stand safe and keeps your climbing sticks save as well. The other plus is that others can't get in your stand and use it.

X2 this is all I do with my Lone Wolfs, Ive got alot of urban spots that people drive right by everyday

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
iv been watchin these 3 bucks in this bean feild one id say 125 in,other bout 130-135 other is probly a 150 in...but the thng is the feild were the bucks are is 60 yards from the dang highway ...so im not for sure if i should hang a set an take a chance for somone to steal my stands sticks...wat would u guys do??

If it's the field I'm thinking, get on the holler side of the creek and sneak down there and get between them and the woods.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Another thing to consider is that if you've been watching them, so has somebody else. Especially in a spot that's close to a major road or highway. I'd try to be as low profile as possible, carry in & carry out.

The only reason I suggest that is while hunting urban spots, I've experienced first hand, people hanging stands right next to my own. It's made me rethink my approach. This season I'm trying to go completely unnoticed to other hunters by taking my sticks & stand in and out for each hunt, unless I'm going to hang for an evening hunt, then return for a morning hunt in the same spot.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Another thing to consider is that if you've been watching them, so has somebody else. Especially in a spot that's close to a major road or highway. I'd try to be as low profile as possible, carry in & carry out.

The only reason I suggest that is while hunting urban spots, I've experienced first hand, people hanging stands right next to my own. It's made me rethink my approach. This season I'm trying to go completely unnoticed to other hunters by taking my sticks & stand in and out for each hunt, unless I'm going to hang for an evening hunt, then return for a morning hunt in the same spot.

It's in the middle of Vinton County. The biggest concern with someone else seeing them also is that someone poking a rifle out the window. lol.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
It's in the middle of Vinton County. The biggest concern with someone else seeing them also is that someone poking a rifle out the window. lol.

Haha! Gotcha.... I read words like "highway" and start thinking about some of the places I hunt near home... completely different hunting when you can sit there and watch rush hour traffic on a Friday night.