Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fluteman's 2011 Trail Cam Pics

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Kill that fugger opening weekend and I'll kill Moe, then we'll have a picture taking/beer drinking party afterwards!!! Then again every weekend after that for the rest of the season!!! :smiley_clap:

Haha, we will see. Right now I'm just hoping that he is a "homie." With the timber guys being in there the last month, its possible that he found refuge someplace else, but is is coming back for visits, so we will see.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Well, this weeks checks yielded more of the same. Every buck I have on camera showed up this week minus the Big Eight, and I'm not sure what to make of that. I did have a familiar face decide to make his first appearance for the year. This dude is getting old.

Lookin' pretty good. Check out his buddy in tow! I'll have to go through last years photos, but this dude looks familiar TOO! Could it possibly be Claw?

And finally, this one just kinda cracked me up. This dude has a bad left eye...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice Greg! That 6 definitely has some age to him! His buddy prolly does too! Both look to be at least 3.5 to 5.5. Heck my bro killed a couple 5.5's over a decade ago that didn't have as big of racks as either of these two boneheads! But both had better than average bodies.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think the Big 6 would be a trophy man. One of those deer where the antler score wouldn't matter. It is mature and it really is a BIG 6!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow dude that big 6 would be a frontrunner for me! How cool would that be to have a monster 3x3 on the wall?!?!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Thanks guys. This is the third year of pictures and photos from Big Sixx. I have video of him from three years ago, and thousands of pics from over the years. He went from a six to a seven and back to a six this year. I'm pretty sure he is at least a 5 year old deer. He put on some tine length from last year and he appears to be a bit wider TOO. He is such a cool buck IMO. Kate has laid claim to this deer, but he won't get a pass from me just because she decided to sleep in instead of get in the stand.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
The buck in tow looks great Greg. I know I would be happy as shit to take that mature 6. You have the history with him and he is a mature buck. Can't wait to see you holding some bone for pictures this year.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Here is a pic I dug up of Big Sixx and Claw from last year. You guys suppose that deer in tow could be Claw? He disappeared after the extra weekend of gun season and didn't show back up after being a homie for 5 months. I just assumed he had been killed. The buck in tow appears to have shorter g3's than Claw, but it's difficult to tell in that pic. If it isn't the same deer, they have the same genes.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Greg, it could very easily be the same deer. Actually the racks look somewhat identical(shorter g2's and longer g3's) plus the g3's have the curl TOO! IMO

old hunter

Great pics.It is a big 6 pt.I have had one around here the last couple years,if you see him coming in the woods you think it is going to be a nice 8pt,but he has no brows at all, and Kaiser won't shoot him.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Here's a little update for this week. Long neck, Big Sixx, and Short Tine Ten all made appearances. STT looks pretty impressive for what he is. He's wide, and looks pretty darn symmetrical from side to side. Long Neck looks pretty good, even though he is lacking in the mass department. Big Sixx is still sporting velvet, but moving during the day. It's starting to get interesting on the cams now.

Long Neck

Big Sixx, Parting shot

Short Tine Ten

And last but not least, a couple does judy choppin' and kung fu kickin'

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Very nice set of pics man. STT would be getting an arrow for sure.
Looks like those doe are getting ready to try out for "So You Think You Can Dance" or something lmao.

Better Yet. Big time tag team wastlin. Their opponents are running and the turk is the ref in the ring lmao.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
They're looking good, Greg. I really hope you can drop the hammer on one of those bucks this season!