Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Another smoker question

JPN

coshocton
I didn't want to hijack the other thread so I thought I'd start a new one. With everyones success with the scent smoker I've been considering getting one myself.but the property I usually hunt is a HUGE hill and I sweat my butt off walking up it. After I get to the top I wipe off with scent free wipes and spray off with scent killer. If I would get a smoker what would I do? I'm not sure but I think most ppl smoke up before they go into the woods. So would I need to smoke up again after getting all sweaty?

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I think it gets better with sweat. You can actually smell it in your sweat. The smoke is an anti bacterial. Guys?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I think it gets better with sweat. You can actually smell it in your sweat. The smoke is an anti bacterial. Guys?

Yep. If you get a good smoke on your skin, it will actually cause the wood smell to be stronger when you sweat. You can still wipe off with scent free wipes, I'll do the same when I get sweaty on a long trip in. The sweating you do on the way in, will not over power a good smoke job. Wipe off with the wipes and go kill something...