Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wildgame Inovations...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Picked up a new cam tonight. Wildgame Inovations ir5D with free 2gb card, batteries and such. They had a bunch of cams on clearance and picked this up for $50. This and the Spypoint I plan on buying will round out my cams for the year. I was going to get an SP IR6 but may get the IR5 just to compare to this camera.

Would have never bought it if it wasn't on clearance. I figured I couldn't go wrong for $50. They had a 8mp with external battery, 8mb card, and a security box for $119. Almost got it but wanted to wait on a Spypoint.

Going to hang it tomorrow where the big boy was. Gonna refresh the minerals, dump some corn and pears and leave it for two weeks...if I can last that long.

Beentown

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Just gave her a run through. Trigger speed is a little slow in IR compared to others I have seen, and something in it is rattling already. The pic quality is pretty darn good! Can't wait to get it out. May have to wake up early tomorrow.

Beentown

rossbows

I have two of them and they have good pic quality. The batteries last along time. They are a
Little slow on trigger speed but they do the job for the money. The flash is not that good it only goes out like 30 yards. Other than that you can not beat it for the price.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Put out a buffet in front of the cams in hopes to get some of the bucks back to smile at the camera for a better look. Molasses and corn feed, 100 pounds of Jesse's mineral mix and bucket full of pears/apples.

One of the neighbors flies an ultralight and went over. I could see him do a double take watching me huff that wheelbarrow around.

Beentown

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My buddies WGI just took a shit yesterday... Just out of the blue. Damn thing won't turn on now and the digital display is showing something that looks similar to hieroglyphics (sp?). Hopefully you have better luck with yours, Beener. Of course, for that price you can't really pass it up though.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
So far I think it sucks. Gonna give it another week for trial then off to Dicks it goes! In 9 days it only took 9 pictures. Two of which were me, two of nothing, and five of ass shots. It is at such an angle that there is no way it should miss getting pics.

I was chalking it up to little movement but then I went to dump some of my molasses/corn mix. The ground was completely raped and dug down 4". There is no way that animals weren't there for a long time. One more week and check it again.

Beentown

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I have a had ok luck with my WGI rangefinder. When the batteries are getting low though the range goes down...I'll check it against dales Leupold and I will be 10 yards off. Put fresh batteries in it and I am right there with his.