Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO on SIO

So. Ohio Outfitters

alright guys,

as promised I'm going to do a 15 to 30 piece about TOO on Sudden Impact Outdoors TV. We reach over 45 million viewers. Of course, i want to drive the website name home, but I just want to get some ideas on what you all might like to see within this 30 seconds of TOO primetime.....any and all ideas are welcome. I want to get this done either this week or by early next week and not only incorporate this into our show but onto facebook, etc and let my 1900 friends make their way here as well....again, any ideas are welcome....i thought if I was going to do a piece about you it would only be fitting to get your input. BTW, here is a link that shows not only show times, but BIO's and our sponsors as well.
http://www.pursuitchannel.com/ShowDetail.asp?ShowID=68

You can also go to www.SuddenImpactOutdoors.com and check us out there as well, and find me on facebook under Dave Lusk, and check out all our videos. We all need your support and appreciate all of you. I've known alot of you for along time now and I know you all have great values when it comes to the outdoors. That's why I'm here at this site right now

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Assuming this would mirror a product plug like we would normally see on a show, there's two things I'd like to see drove home if possible. For starters, this is a virtual deer camp. It's an environment that's is meant to have the feel of any great deer camp and we all know how much that adds to our memory bank and love of the sport. The second thing is this site was created for the exchange of quality information amongst a group of dedicated, passionate outdoorsmen. Now how we relay that visually in 15-30 seconds is not my strong suit. Obviously a screen shot of the home page or of a trail cam thread would be awesome as well. At the end of the day, I'm just thankful for your willingness to help us out. Having worked with you in the past, I know you're a stand up guy and this is just more evidence of that fact. Thanks so much from all of us here for stepping up and helping TOO build on our early successes!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow! That is a very generous offer Dave! It is much appreciated. Not sure how to tell you to wrap up but here are my thoughts on what TOO is:

TOO is a hunting forum. Not only a hunting forum, but a group of highly dedicated, and hardcore hunters, fisherman, trappers, and outdoorsman.

It is a year round place to hang out and relax where everybody knows your name. TOO can make you truly feel at home.

There is a sense of unity at TOO. There is a common bond of the outdoors shared here which cannot be compared to anything else.

The friends gained here are not only your "online hunting buddies", but good friends you look forward to meeting in person someday.

Maybe this isn't 15-30seconds, but just my take on TOO. It really is an extended group of hunting friends/family. The knowledge is top notch whether hunting, fishing, or life related. The friends I have met in person have all been up to and exceeding my expectations. This is really tough to describe in words. I am glad to be part of it.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks a lot, Dave... That is truly an awesome thing to do!!!

Just to add to what the other guys have mentioned, a screenshot or two of the site would be a good addition to the piece. I like the idea of hammering home the "virtual deer camp" thing. One thing to really touch on is that guys are here to share and learn amongst other dedicated outdoorsmen and women. Every now and then members here will post up maps and aerials of their hunting grounds, asking for feedback from the other members... where to hang stands, entry/exit route advice, etc. I think a thread like this would be a good one to show during the piece. Hunters are always looking for second opinions... and IMO this would show that the site consists of trustworthy and just overall good people... people that others can easily relate to as well.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dave... I don't know what to say bud.. I'm speechless. Really man. I don't know where to start but to say WOW and Thank You. Honestly though Dave, I wouldn't know where to begin with everything that goes into a 15-30 second spot like that.. I can say though, we will be most accommodating with whatever you need.. Stats, catch phrases, pics, whatever's needed, you name it and I'll do my best to get my hands on it.

I'll hop on FB later and Find SIO, SOO, Your guide school, and you, and like them all. Also as you find time I want to do add some things on TOO to promote your ventures also. Kind of a what's what..

As far as the philosophy of TOO. The other guys have summed it up very well... Jesse and I said to ourselves, Guys are only able to go to deer camp maybe once a year. That's not enough. We need to give them a deercamp 24x7x365... Currently we have something like 2,632 combined years of deer hunting knowledge on this forum. From the lake to the river, the flat croplands to the hills.. Many have been there, done that, and are willing to give you the t shirt off their back.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Wow! That's a great offer Dave!

I think we're going to see some really great things come from the relationship that's forming here between SIO / SOO & TOO.

So. Ohio Outfitters

No problem guys......i'm more than happy to do it. You never forget where your roots are based out of regardless as to whom you become or how far you make it in the hunting industry and many of the guys on this website backed me on the OTHER website when other jackasses didn't and I don't forget things like that.....this is alot of great info, and alot of great ideas and has definitely helped me in my vision.....

Huckleberry Finn

I'll hop on FB later and Find SIO, SOO, Your guide school, and you, and like them all. Also as you find time I want to do add some things on TOO to promote your ventures also. Kind of a what's what..
Please post links.

And thanks man!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
We obviously concentrate on deer hunting, with archery being the emphasized method. But it should also be clear that this site is also full of very knowledgeable turkey, predator and small game hunters. There are also fishing and survivalist forums. We have a lot of deer hunting knowledge but if we could also bring in some people to bump up the other forum topics it would make this a much more rounded site.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the deer camp sentiment needs to be the foundation and that a fishing camp, turkey hunt, camping trip can be built on it.

Thanks for the nod on the show, I will be sure to tune in.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
and are willing to give you the t shirt off their back.

It is true. Literally.

Plenty of commeraderie and good guys. Now that Huckleberry Finn guy is one you should watch out for though. . . just a head's up, he is the website whore. He leaves his clothes as an excuse to make a return visit. rotflmao

I am obviously kidding, but one of the other great things about this site (which cannot possibly be fit into a 15-30sec piece) is how these guys can joke and tease each other one minute, yet be serious as a heart attack the next. We have fun, and we kill shit!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
First, thanks for helping us out Dave! As huck said, someone post some links so I can add them on FB, etc. to help return the favor.

I think Dante hit some key points. This is a huge whitetail resource and group, but there is much more than just deer. In addition to hunting, fishing, recepies for what to do with your game, gun questions, scouting questions, etc. it is a brotherhood where we are all here for one another no matter what one faces in life.

i love it , cant wait to see it , and as many have posted , guys will give the shirts off thier backs or a shoulder to cry on ( not that we would admit it ) i love this site it has braught new interests into my life .

we are all blood brothers in this great world of the outdoors

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Might want to check out some of the videos we have put together and see if any of it helps bring some light.

I can't thank you enough for this oppritunity Dave. One heck of an offer for TOO that's for sure.

I waited to post anything because I knew the members here would have some great thoughts and be very helpful in this matter just as they are in many other areas of questions. TOO is my home and I can't say enough about the members and Admin here. They are all great in my book.

One of my favorite videos to date right here.

[video=youtube;wyE_sI6Y4rU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyE_sI6Y4rU&feature=player_embedded[/video]