Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Scent lok, scent blocker..worth it?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He might pop back in. I would be curious to see his responses. I don't know that it is a bad product, but it is not the cure for cancer. It is just another tool in the arsenal to treat the symptoms.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
He might pop back in. I would be curious to see his responses. I don't know that it is a bad product, but it is not the cure for cancer. It is just another tool in the arsenal to treat the symptoms.

Exactly right Phil! There are many tools/resources available for people to use for hunting. So long as it is within the confines of the law, people can use what ever tools they want IMO. Some use more than others for many reasons (desire, access, money, etc).

swamp_donkey819

i used the scent blocker white lighting spray that i won at a bow shoot used it opening day two years ago, sprayed everything down got to my stand couldnt even see the deer and they already busted me i was the only one hunting that area, went out and bought the hunter specialties fresh earth and have been so close to deer, its the only stuff ill use, imo i think scent blocker isnt all cracked up to be what they say, cover scent or clothing wise

Scent-Lok

Welcome to the Forum!!!!! If the products are as effective as claimed..Then why not some sort of guarantee ??Say one like ASAT camo's ""See more game in your 1st year or we buy it back"" guarantee ..

We guarantee our products 100% for up to five years. We stand by this guarantee proudly. You can find it on our website and on all of our hangtags on our products. Again, remember that we never have claimed our products are some type of magic blanket that cause you to be invisible. It is a complete system that, when used and stored properly, greatly reduces your odds of being detected and will give you the edge. It does not make up for sloppy hunting habits. Thanks for all the input from you guys. We love talking about this stuff!

Alex
Scent-Lok Technologies

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We guarantee our products 100% for up to five years. We stand by this guarantee proudly. You can find it on our website and on all of our hangtags on our products. Again, remember that we never have claimed our products are some type of magic blanket that cause you to be invisible. It is a complete system that, when used and stored properly, greatly reduces your odds of being detected and will give you the edge. It does not make up for sloppy hunting habits. Thanks for all the input from you guys. We love talking about this stuff!

Alex
Scent-Lok Technologies

Actually uhm Alex, once upon a time you did... Well, that is until a federal judge decided such claims were false and deceptive...

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The funny thing, whether you like scent lok clothes or not, is seeing guys wearing their scent lok hunting gear in Wal Mart or something just for a day out shopping. Then they complain when it doesn't work. Or, they wear any of their hunting gear shopping, or in thehouse, or wherever and complain they don't see deer.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
The funny thing, whether you like scent lok clothes or not, is seeing guys wearing their scent lok hunting gear in Wal Mart or something just for a day out shopping. Then they complain when it doesn't work. Or, they wear any of their hunting gear shopping, or in thehouse, or wherever and complain they don't see deer.

The guys who wear their hunting gear into the local choke and puke for lunch are the ones that crack me up the most.....nothing like fresh grease and cigarettes to freshen up your hunting clothes, and boots!

Last edited:

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Actually uhm Alex, once upon a time you did... Well, that is until a federal judge decided such claims were false and deceptive...

OUCH.... well thats a fact.... guess they won;t be hanging around here much.... They milked the public back then hard and now just hanging... Must be nice not to have a conscience..lol