Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Being a dad is cool...

Schu72

Streetsboro
My son asked for a bow for his 8th birthday. I was thrilled. I picked up a Diamond Nuclear Ice. He seems really excited.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's awesome, Schu! It's always cool to see young kids getting into archery and other outdoor activities. IMO there's just enough of that going on these days.

Is the draw length on that bow adjustable? Looks like he could use an inch or two taken off of it. If not, he'll grow into it I'm sure.

Schu72

Streetsboro
That's awesome, Schu! It's always cool to see young kids getting into archery and other outdoor activities. IMO there's just enough of that going on these days.

Is the draw length on that bow adjustable? Looks like he could use an inch or two taken off of it. If not, he'll grow into it I'm sure.

It is adjustable, but that's where the pro shop set him. I think he was kind of inbetween ajdustments, so we went a little long.

It's a cool little bow. I had the proshop add a d-loop and a kisser. I opted not to add the peep which may have been a bad move. I guess we can do that anytime though.

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
That's enough to make you proud right there. Can't wait till my son is old enough to ask for his first compound.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Being a dad is the coolest underpaid job you'll ever love..... moms are way more underpaid then dads in my book.....

Schu72

Streetsboro
He was having a blast today. He's getting a little more consistent, but in the meantime my shooter buck is taking a beating. He hit him in the snout today and knocked off a big chunk. He has hit the anlters so many times that I decided to take them off. They we causing some wild ricochets!:smiley_dead:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
He was having a blast today. He's getting a little more consistent, but in the meantime my shooter buck is taking a beating. He hit him in the snout today and knocked off a big chunk. He has hit the anlters so many times that I decided to take them off. They we causing some wild ricochets!:smiley_dead:

:smiley_clap:Thanks for sharing Schu, very cool, way too go!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That is awesome Schu! Brings back a lot of memories. That is the same age that Austin got his first bow. Got his first archery deer when he was 11. No greater feeling as a father buddy. What are some of the ranges of the bow as far as draw lengths and weights?

Schu72

Streetsboro
That is awesome Schu! Brings back a lot of memories. That is the same age that Austin got his first bow. Got his first archery deer when he was 11. No greater feeling as a father buddy. What are some of the ranges of the bow as far as draw lengths and weights?

Here are some of the specs Hoyt.

This ultra-adjustable and incredibly forgiving bow will ensure a successful introduction to archery. The bow has an axle-to-axle length of 22-1/2" and a brace height of 6-1/8". With a fully-machined aluminum riser, beyond-parallel limbs and smooth cams, this bow is no toy. It can fling arrows up to 195 fps. The single rotating module system permits draw-length adjustments from 14" to 24". Draw-weight adjustments from 10 to 29 lbs. are possible using the pivoting limb pockets, which also maintain proper limb alignment. Available in right hand only.
Package includes: bow, three-pin fiber-optic sight, two-piece quiver, Hostage rest and three carbon arrows.
Camo pattern: Mossy Oak® Treestand®.