Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Stan Release. Kind of ?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Talked to the Pro shop guy about the release and I forgot to make an update. My bad.

He called and talked to Kim yesterday ( Tuesday) and worked out a deal if you want to call it that. He told me that he is going to send my release back to Stan and swap them out however, I would have to pay for the shipping to and from Stan at $12 each way. After all the BS that has gone on I told him FINE just do it and be DONE. I might be out $24 but I can tell you that he is going to be out about $40 with the price difference from what he sold me from his supplier and what Stan wants.

I won't step foot back in that shop after I pick up my release.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Adam you really need too talk too the company about this shop and how they're operating.... elite may or may not pull their line off of him but if this clown does this much and everyone complains about it he won't have it much longer.....

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Unfortunate for him that he's losing a good customer but he could've tried a lot harder to keep you. Don't blame you at all Redcloud.

I bet he loses more than one over this situation, as we grow as a site more and more people are going to be asking about different bow shops, this guy will never get a good word from us.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That's a bunch of nonsense dude. It's such a shame to see so many shops out there ran by assholes. Then there was the small hole in the wall shop I was in yesterday in Pine Grove, WV. The guy was SUPER nice and we talked for a long time about archery shops, hunting, customers, and more. He sold me a tube of Fletch-Tite Platinum for $2.50 and 18 2" Fusion vanes for $4.50!!! He also made me a killer deal on some Morrell 2 x 2 indoor range targets that are lightly used for $40. I bought one to use for paper tuning. I told him I had a string to change and I would be back Thursday, then asked if he would let me use his press and walk me through doing it myself and he was all about it. He said: "If I do that, you gonna bring me some more business?" and laughed. I told him that I really wished I could, but a 2 hour drive for bow work is not happening for most of my buddies.

Just a super nice guy that is willing to deal and to help you out. Greg and I need to open a shop around here. We just need 100K start up cash and 50K salaries!!! LOL!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Just a super nice guy that is willing to deal and to help you out. Greg and I need to open a shop around here. We just need 100K start up cash and 50K salaries!!! LOL!!!

The way Joe was talking about the site last night, by November he should be able to just give us the $$$ to get it started...

Roflmao

twireman

Kingston, OH
you guys would probably do pretty well down there in your area with a bow shop. I bet you would be suprised.

They'd prolly get so busy they wouldn't have time to hunt. That has happened to some I used to go to! Or people come in expecting everything for next to nothing.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The way Joe was talking about the site last night, by November he should be able to just give us the $$$ to get it started...

Roflmao

I don't know about money cause we ain't making any... But i do know traffic...;) And we're making between 350-400 posts a day right now on this forum... "The other site" usually between 60-80 posts a day.. And half of those are automated news articles, moderators, and the owner.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Got a call from DS that my release is in. He is going to wait until Friday when I can get down there now. Banks are closed and I am not righting another check.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I finally decided to head down and grab the release this evening.

* Start Rant now *

This guy is a liar and will tell you anything you want to hear to buy stuff from him. I got down there and told him how much it just cost me to send the Elite back. I should have had him send it back since I was to get free service after the sale but I decided to do it on my own. When I bought the bow I asked for a box and he told me he had none because he takes them out and burns them so I couldn't even get a bow box from him to ship the bow back to Elite. Hence why it cost me the $44 to have UPS package and ship it for me.

Now if you all remember he was wanting me to pay the $24 to ship back a release that I DID NOT want to begin with. I did agree to pay the shipping just because I was DONE with this guy and wanted to get my gear and get out of this guys shop once and for all. Now this was before I had to send the bow back that came with free service after purchase mind you.

ME : hey, I just sent this bow back and it cost me $44 to send it. I had to pay UPS to box, wrap it, and ship it because you didn't give me a box. I should have had you send it back.
RON: Well I would have had to pay shipping To so it wouldn't have been any cheaper for you to have me send it back. You should have asked for a box I would have given you one.
ME: You told me you burn them all.
Ron: Oh no, I keep a few boxes around just in case I need them for anything
ME: Well, I came down to get my release
Ron: It's $21.?? ( I would have to get the receipt out of the truck for the change) I got it shipped to them cheaper then they sent it back so it's less then the $24

Now mind you I just spent money to ship this bow back that I shouldn't have and should/could have had him pay for (free service after the sale) but I decided to take care of it myself so I just saved him shipping by doing that. He has enough nerve to make me pay for the shipping charges of the release to fix his mistake not mine.

I guess FREE SERVICE after the sale only applies to whatever he decides to cover. ( My guess is as long as it doesn't cost him anything.) Complete BS out of this guy and his shop and I will NEVER go back or recommend anybody do business there. Needless to say I am a little pissed.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Pretty shitty Adam! At least you have the bow back and the release you were after now. Just put it behind you and look forward to taking pictures of that bow leaning against deer this fall :)

What shop was it by the way?

Diablo54

Outside
Adam you have three options. (or atleast this is what I do in these situations)

1- use word of mouth like you are to help this guy get no service and get what he deserves.

2-beat him up or atleast flinch at him.

3-let it all out and cry....

Personally I like number three. Atleast thats what I would do.

In all seriousness this guy sounds like an idiot. Spread te word about his crappy service and he will get what he deserves.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Adam you have three options. (or atleast this is what I do in these situations)

1- use word of mouth like you are to help this guy get no service and get what he deserves.

2-beat him up or atleast flinch at him.

3-let it all out and cry....

Personally I like number three. Atleast thats what I would do.

In all seriousness this guy sounds like an idiot. Spread te word about his crappy service and he will get what he deserves.

Option #1 is my goal although all the money I dropped in his store and buying gear and learning a lesson of BS I want to do #3 option too lmao.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I never understood how a guy could allow his reputation to be so tarnished over 50 bucks when in the long run he will loose thousands because of it.

I dont understand why companies like elite hoyt stan copper john g5 and others that put such an emphases on customer service allowe their dealers to treat their customers like dirt. Everytime i have a bad experance at a shop im going to send letter about what happened and the type of people they have selling their products. Maybe if enough people did this the manufactures would put a little pressure on thier dealers to give better CC. Its no secret that most proshops have terrible CC. I can list ten i no longer will do business with off the top of my head.

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Jlope,
I'm with you. That's a small amount to loose compared to what he will loose now. If he would have ordered what I wanted and not what his free shipping supplier carried none of this would have happened in the first place. Some people don't learn and think they can just do whatever and try and talk the costumer into taking it. Yes the SX2 and the Shootoff are very similar in components but each was designed to do a different job.

Archer,
When I told Garrett at Elite about my bow he was not very pleased with this guys actions. Garrett told me that some of their dealers they have talked to in person face to face while others they have only talked to on the phone. My guess is that the ones that can talk the talk get in. This guy can talk the talk and tell you whatever to get your business but will turn around and screw you over. It's our duty to inform the manufacturers of the wrong doings of pro shops that are not living up to the standards these companies are looking to do business with. Garret thanked me for the feedback in the letter as well as speaking to him on the phone explaining all of the issues with the bow. Now I think it's time to contact Kim over at Stan about this release issue.