Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Too Much Noise

I'm starting to have problems with my new bow and it's driving me crazy. I have a G5 Primal and I'm getting a twang/rattle noise everytime I shoot. I've checked the entire bow over and made sure everything was tight, which it was. I'm not sure where this noise is coming from.

I have AMP black gold sights, A Mach4 trap door rest and a doinker stabilizer. I removed the stabilizer and that wasn't it. Today I'm gonne remove the sights and see if that is it. The next thing is I'm gonna borrow my buddy's ripcord rest and put it on and see if thats it.

After that the only thing I know that it could be is the string stop/suppressor pad. I'm wondering if that could have cracked internally or is loose. Although I don't see any way that it can be adjusted or come loose.

If anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate the feedback. It's driving me insane.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
You are going about it the right way...process of elimination. I had the same thing and "thought" everything on my sight was tight and it wasn't.

Beentown

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Beentown is right... you're doing about all you can do at this point. Take stuff off until the noise goes away, and I'm sure you'll figure it out. Let us know how it goes.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Looks like we better get together and shoot. Maybe we need to listen to each other's bows. A fresh set of ears... you know?

That is a good idea also. I have been known to hear things that were not near as bad as I thought.

Beentown

Well I took the bow out back tonight and took the sights off and shot. Still getting the noise. I checked all screws everything is tight. My buddy has the same bow shoots the same arrows and his bow is so unbelievable quiet. All you hear is the wind. The only thing I can think is it's the rest. Sometime this week I'm gonna borrow his extra ripcord rest and try it. I'll keep u posted. Thanks again for letting me know I'm doing it right. If this doesn't work I think a trip to gander mtn. is in store to see if they have any demo versions of this bow that I can throw my stuff on and see if it's something defective in the bow.

Well I took the bow out back tonight and took the sights off and shot. Still getting the noise. I checked all screws everything is tight. My buddy has the same bow shoots the same arrows and his bow is so unbelievable quiet. All you hear is the wind. The only thing I can think is it's the rest. Sometime this week I'm gonna borrow his extra ripcord rest and try it. I'll keep u posted. Thanks again for letting me know I'm doing it right. If this doesn't work I think a trip to gander mtn. is in store to see if they have any demo versions of this bow that I can throw my stuff on and see if it's something defective in the bow.

Is it vibrating bad TOO??? If its noise an your having trouble finding it..It could be a lose cable rod set screw at the riser..You cant tell unless you wobble the thing while pressed..Also I know alot folks like a credit card size gap between the strip stop an string at rest..Just a few thoughts