Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Show and Tell: Your hunting bow...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
How are you liking that Spyder so far, Tom? I'm really considering trying to pick up a used one within the next year or so.

How are you liking that Spyder so far, Tom? I'm really considering trying forgiving forck up a used one within the next year or so.

I like it a lot. It draws really smooth but its not as quiet as the experience. It seems to be pretty forgiving for a 6 inch brace height bow. during turkey season I had mine set a 73 pounds at 29 inch draw shooting a 427 total gr arrow at 303 fps.

teej89

NE PA
Bowtech Insanity, 28" 70# draw with QAD HDX rest, Spot Hogg Hogg It sight and octane stabilizer. Love it! This fall will be my first year out with it.

The lab is trying to figure out if this is what I'm using to shoot ducks with her this fall or not.

teej89

NE PA
I like the BT's. If they would fix the flaking issue and shitty CS they would be hard to beat IMHO.

I'll keep you posted on the flaking. I'm pretty sure it's been fixed cuz most people said they started to see it relatively fast. However I've had this for a couple months and have shot a good but with it and I always check the limbs to see if there's any flaking and none yet.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure if I have ever posted mine here yet. Just put this Hoyt Spyder Turbo 30 into service. Looking forward to producing some bloody arrows with it this season. I need to do something different in the stabilizer department but for now the Fuse will do the trick. I sorta like being able to adjust to balance out the Tightspot quiver. I have an Excel Armortech sight on it and Limb Driver Pro Vee rest. I don't normally pimp products so if you ask me what is on it next year I will probably have to come back to this thread to refresh my memory. I find what I like and what works and I forget about it. Tightspot quiver is my favorite though. I dropped some coin on it but I use it on both bows which is very nice.

The absolute best two things about this bow? Fluteman custom wrist sling and the SCO sticker. They make it top notch! I get to feel the TOO brotherhood with me while out hunting!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yes. I still have a 2008 Hoyt Vectrix. Have done all my deer killing with it. I don't see it ever leaving my possession. Too much sentimental value at this point.

I just couldn't get comfy with the Elite. Probably didn't give it a fair shake, but I just couldn't settle into the comfort zone. Elite is collecting dust. Probably should list it for sale, but my foreman showed interest in it. If he comes up with the money he will own it. If not, I dunno. Probably just collect dust. Not the first time I have watched something collect dust one of my employees wanted to buy.