Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Show and Tell: Your hunting bow...

*Supporting member* jagermeister's Avatar
    Looking good, Beener. Tell me, what do you like so much about that BG sight? It looks nice, but I know nothing about it and am just curious...
    "Keep your mouth shut, and your ears open."

Best pins on the market (from what I have seen). I always thought the photochromatic was BS...it's not. Keeps the pins perfect. No sight light needed in any shooting condition. I put the build quality up there with Spot Hogg. And the features are well thought out. I would never pay the price one of these sights run new but man are they nice. If I was a wealthy guy a new one of these would be hard to turn down. The only thing I wished this had (still wouldn't pay the difference) is micro adjust pins. You can get it with that head since this is a "custom shop" sight but that would be another $60 more I believe. The way I have it configured right now the new price is $230 plus shipping. To break it down:

Positives
    - Overall build quality
    - Best pins I have seen
    - Slider mechanism is smooth and locks down great
    - All adjustment markings are clear and easy to re-acquire
    - You have a 1,3 or 5 pin sight with the ability to dial in exact yardages or crank it out and shoot 100 yards without using hold over (fun to do)
    - Plethora of ways to put the sight together so it fits the way you want it.
    - Level is adjustable at the dovetail, aperture, connecting mount and 3rd axis (also a negative)

Negatives

- Too many ways to adjust the level. You can adjust the physical level in the aperture, on the slider to dove tail connection and on the third axis. Need to get to Milos and use his mount and levels
    - 3rd Axis is easy to make "loose". If you turn the screw TOO far it will make it so you can physically move the sight left to right (wiggle). They put like ten warnings not to turn it more than half a turn either way but I feel it should have a stops built in before error.
    - They are expensive for my cheap ass. $230 for a sight is half a new gun...
    Molōn labe!

,'';=====-
    !

Great review Charles!

Hey, what kind of quiver do you have and where'd you get it and what's it run? Thanks in advance...
    Team #8

Quote Originally Posted by finelyshedded View Post
    Great review Charles!

Hey, what kind of quiver do you have and where'd you get it and what's it run? Thanks in advance...
    I am looking at new ones. This one works ok but I don't like it that well. It is an Apex Gear quiver.
    Molōn labe!

,'';=====-
    !

What don't you like about it? You would laugh your ass off if you saw mine from back in the early 80's. I need to update my Jennings T Star with Milo's expertise and get a new quiver TOO.
    Team #8

Ok, I'm bored so I thought I would post up my hunting rig.

2012 Hoyt Carbon Element RKT shooting acc 349 pro hunters tipped with Montec G5 carbon steel. CBE tek hunter 5 pin sight and mounted to the stabilizer is a Sony Handycam CX210.

2012 Hoyt Carbon Element RKT ...... hunting machine
    2012 Hoyt Alpha Elite RKT ...... 3d rig
    Striker 2000 longbow ...... for the fun of it
    Bear Grizzly recurve ...... keeping the heritage alive

Show and Tell: Your hunting bow...

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Ok, I'm bored so I thought I would post up my hunting rig.

2012 Hoyt Carbon Element RKT shooting acc 349 pro hunters tipped with Montec G5 carbon steel. CBE tek hunter 5 pin sight and mounted to the stabilizer is a Sony Handycam CX210.

Sweet looking setup. Does the camera mounted on your stab work pretty good?
    Don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive!

It works great for footage leading up to the shot but blurs right at the shot release. Kind of a pain to get back on target after the shot but it's nice to be aimed at my target when they come walkin in.

Show and Tell: Your hunting bow...

Any footage would be good footage.
    Don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive!

Hard to be a Hoyt.
    Molōn labe!

,'';=====-
    !

Just bought a new Bowtech Assasin black ops. 60# with RAK package. Changed rest out to a drop away but really like the rest of package.Shooting 317 fps right out of the box.I love it.

Sweet looking setup Jimmy!
    Team #8

*Co-Owner - Admin* bowhunter1023's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good looking rig man!!!
    "And a country boy is all I'll ever be..."

Live to hunt. Hunt to live. It's just how I live...

Here is the most recent (only recent) pic I have of my bow. Mathews Outback. Sword sites and ripcord rest. Won it at a banquet in 2006, haven't even really thought about getting another one. No clue how fast it shoots, other than fast enough to go through a deer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	530661_4945634605086_677935681_n.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	12987
    Our ability to perceive quality in nature begins, as in art, with the pretty. It expands through successive stages of the beautiful to values as yet uncaptured by language.
    ― Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac

Here is my Hoyt Katera ripcord rest, sword 3rd plane six pin, a-bomb stabilizer. I sold my Hoyt CRX 32 and ordered a Hoyt Spyder Turbo in Black.
    Last edited by Archertl; 03-07-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    Keep your knife sharp and your broadheads sharper!

Very nice Archertl......and that Hoyt Spyder Turbo you've ordered is a badass bow!

Very nice Archertl......and that Hoyt Spyder Turbo you've ordered is a badass bow!
    when ya makin popcorn?

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    when ya makin popcorn?
    LMAO.....I thought, what is he talkin about, then it hit me! I'll make it anytime you want Milo, extra butter too!

LMAO.....I thought, what is he talkin about, then it hit me! I'll make it anytime you want Milo, extra butter too!
    im watchin my height so light butter...thats gotta be kick but to have your own movie corn...

Re: Show and Tell: Your hunting bow...

Quote Originally Posted by ketnghiaa01 View Post
    Yêu thuong ng?p tr*n trong th*nh ph? avatar

Nh?ng ng*y n*y khi [url=http://gameviethot.com/game-avatar/]tai avatar

Mùa l? tình nhân du?ng nhu dã ti?p s?c thêm th?t nhi?u nang lu?ng m?i cho th? gi?i game, m?i ngu?i không ng?n ng?i trao cho nhau th?t nhi?u n? hôn trái tim d?p m?t. Kh?p noi trong công viên l* vô s? trái tim h?ng cang tr*n nh?a s?ng. Nh?ng dôi uyên uong qu?n quýt bên nhau , trao cho nhau nh?ng bong bóng hình trái tim ng?t ng*o. Gi? dây, yêu thuong không d?ng l?i bên ai c? m* du?ng nhu dã lan t?a, len l?i trong m?i khu, m?i ngóc ngách t?i c?ng d?ng Avatar.

B?n dã c?m nh?n du?c mùi v? ng?t ng*o, ?m áp n*y chua? N?u chua hãy t?i Avatar v? máy v* khám phá nhé.

Joes' ex? Lol
    Last edited by RedCloud; 03-07-2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: removed the URL in the copy post ;)
    Molōn labe!

,'';=====-
    !

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast