Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Show and Tell: Your hunting bow...

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
My 42 pound girls bow has kilt more deer than a bow with a cute little sling on it lol, and they make fun of both of us for not hitting puberty, but im 17, you're 30 lmao

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Im not even going there, lol, and Ill show my 40# girls bow when its layin on a carcass and if that doesnt happen I'll go hide

Oh come on. Post it up here. We just give MH crap because he is like a little brother here. If we didn't pick on some of these guys they would think we was mad at them or something lol.

saddlepants

central Ohio
My bow.jpg
Parker Side-Kick XP 40 lbs. 29 inches
Carbon Express Carbra-Max 7.5" Stabilizer
Whisker Biscuit Rest (I'm really not likin it)
Crappy sights that came with it
Scott "Little Goose" release

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Nice setup to get you started and get you out there hunting. Nothing wrong with that at all. You can always upgrade later.

Get a custom Fluteman wrist sling
Get a different arrow rest
different sights
different peep - not a fan of tubes. they dry out crack and next thing you know your getting smacked in the eye.

and you will be good to go for next year :)

saddlepants

central Ohio
recommendations? As for sights I use single pin - always have and always will but the one on this bow (I chose the green) Only has one strand and quittin time comes way TOO early. I need somethin that lets more light in but doesnt break the bank. My investment in release and stabilizer damn near cost as much as the bow. Mattews Passion is on my wish list. And did I mention - Its a Lefty

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sights - Many options out there. If your going with a single pin I would find something that has a light to help with those lower light conditions.
Rest - you could probably go with a drop away style rest that has full arrow containment. I use a QAD Ultra hunter and I like it a lot.
Peep - I would go with one that has a larger opening for better low light. I wasn't a fan of peep sights at all until Milo bugged me enough to put one on my bow. I can definitely see the advantages of one now. I will never use one with the tube attached. I have seen them dry out and crack. Nothing like a cold day in the stand and you go to pull up on a big ol deer only to have the tube break and smack you in the face or fly forward and smack your bow. Either way that deer is GONE and your left cussin and ready to throw something.

Some of the bow guru's should be able to help more then I can and toss in some info on products.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Did Redcloud just reccomend a peep? Geeze we've come a long ways in a short amount of time.

I know, I know lmao

Just because of my stubbornness to change doesn't mean it isn't a good accessory and one that I have found can be very useful and has some good advantages too lol. Just can't argue with the MILO either lol. Dude does his homework and knows what he is talkin about.

Buckmaster

Portage
Here are my two hunting rigs.

Bear Black Panther Recurve 45#@28"
Ten Point Phantom CLS xbow 194#@353 fps

Attachments

• Bows.jpg
    Bows.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 150