Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Show and Tell: Your hunting bow...

rsmith

Hoyt Maxxis 35 set at 29/55
Black Gold ascent target sight base with a HHA .019 pin 5ft mechanical rheostat scope
QAD HDX Rest
TruGlo Tru Tec Carbon Stabalizer
Trufire Hardcore Maxx release
Easton Carbon Injexion 400 8.9gpi cut at 29in, weighing in at 417g, either NAP Thunderhead or Big Nasty broadhead can't decide
And yes pink kisser and Pink monkey tails haha. I love the bow, shoots great and very quiet. I do find it funny though that even though the bow is tuned dead money and shoots bullet holes through paper the sight pin is clearly left of center. Don't know if this is normal or not but it shoots amazing so that's all that matters.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Jennings Machine Extreme
100gr. Muzzy
Easton alum.arrows

w/old pin set up

BTW

RedCloud , CJD and Riverdude

:smiley_bril:

Aaaaa man, that was a fun weekend!!! We need to add the picture of Dannman and Geezer!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hoyt Maxxis 35 set at 29/55
Black Gold ascent target sight base with a HHA .019 pin 5ft mechanical rheostat scope
QAD HDX Rest
TruGlo Tru Tec Carbon Stabalizer
Trufire Hardcore Maxx release
Easton Carbon Injexion 400 8.9gpi cut at 29in, weighing in at 417g, either NAP Thunderhead or Big Nasty broadhead can't decide
And yes pink kisser and Pink monkey tails haha. I love the bow, shoots great and very quiet.I do find it funny though that even though the bow is tuned dead money and shoots bullet holes through paper the sight pin is clearly left of center. Don't know if this is normal or not but it shoots amazing so that's all that matters.

I started a thread in the archery tuning forum a year or so ago about that very same question. I've been shooting bows and hunting with them since the mid 70's and after paper tuning every compound bow I've ever owned then sighting them in my sight pins have always been sticking out slightly to the left of my sight window when aligning my arrow and bowstring. Apparently it's pretty normal as it seems a lot of right handed compound bow archers have the same thing going.

Don't know if it's related to torque,grip or form but I'm consistent and pretty happy with my grouping so I wouldn't let it bother me as long as your happy TOO!

Awesome rig and set up BTW Ryan, congrats!

BackwoodsRebel

Is there a website that shows a list of bows and there draw lengths. I get tired of looking a bows and the max draw length is thirty lol

Mao

Coshocton, OH
image.jpg
2013 Obsession Knightmare
65#, 29" draw, Stormy Hardwoods Original camo
Spot Hogg Hunter 5 pin
QAD Ultra Rest HDX
8" Dead Center Archery Stabilizer in Stormy Hardwoods Original
Black Eagle Arrows Carnivore 350

I recently picked this up on AT. If you haven't shot an Obession and you are in the bow market definitely check them out. I have had way to many bows and have shot them all. This one is in my top 2 I have ever shot. I like a medium/light medium "hump" into the back wall and this is exactly the feel I like. Reminds me of one of my favorites of all time, Bowtech Invasion. Holds amazing at full draw as well. I am very impressed with it so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 165

AfterShock

Piqua Ohio
This is my bow it's a 2003 bowtech Blackhawk it's shoting around 300 fps it's nothing fancy but it works for me I shoot 50 lbs draw my arrow are 400 Easton carbon fiber and I also shot 400 gold tips also 28 inch arrows 100 gran split fire broad heads I've been shooting the split fires for years I use a whisker biscuit rest I know I can get more speed out of a fall away rest but when I'm in my stand my bow lays across my lap and the whisker biscuit holds the arrow and keeps it from moving I also added a 2 pictures of a doe I killed last Sunday a picture of the entrance hole and the exit hole thank you all for shareing your pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 169

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That's some serious performance for a bow with an 8" brace height and an IBO of just over 300. Curious what your draw length and arrow/draw weights are?

AfterShock

Piqua Ohio
I shot a 28 inch arrow total weight of the arrow and broad head is 265 grains draw length is 30 inches and that includes the 3 inch release and 50 lbs draw weight the ibo is 315 to 330 it depends on what you read the cam has been changed and that was done at the bow shop that helped me set it up

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I shot a 28 inch arrow total weight of the arrow and broad head is 265 grains draw length is 30 inches and that includes the 3 inch release and 50 lbs draw weight the ibo is 315 to 330 it depends on what you read the cam has been changed and that was done at the bow shop that helped me set it up

Did they chronograph that set up or just guess at it? Seems awful fast for 28" @ 50lbs... I know bigslam has 32" inch draw at 73lbs and he's topping out at 300 fps.....

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

Sorry but i just cant see with that setup where you could be getting those kind of speeds.
Might want to shoot it through the chrono and make sure it is turned on.just sayin.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm curious about your total arrow weight too. 265 grains with broadhead doesn't make sense. Gold Tip Hunter 400s should be in the 260 grain range without a broadhead. They run around 9 grain per inch. Did they weigh your arrows and tell you that?