Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Show and Tell: Your hunting bow...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looking good, Beener. Tell me, what do you like so much about that BG sight? It looks nice, but I know nothing about it and am just curious...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Best pins on the market (from what I have seen). I always thought the photochromatic was BS...it's not. Keeps the pins perfect. No sight light needed in any shooting condition. I put the build quality up there with Spot Hogg. And the features are well thought out. I would never pay the price one of these sights run new but man are they nice. If I was a wealthy guy a new one of these would be hard to turn down. The only thing I wished this had (still wouldn't pay the difference) is micro adjust pins. You can get it with that head since this is a "custom shop" sight but that would be another $60 more I believe. The way I have it configured right now the new price is $230 plus shipping. To break it down:

Positives
- Overall build quality
- Best pins I have seen
- Slider mechanism is smooth and locks down great
- All adjustment markings are clear and easy to re-acquire
- You have a 1,3 or 5 pin sight with the ability to dial in exact yardages or crank it out and shoot 100 yards without using hold over (fun to do)
- Plethora of ways to put the sight together so it fits the way you want it.
- Level is adjustable at the dovetail, aperture, connecting mount and 3rd axis (also a negative)

Negatives

- Too many ways to adjust the level. You can adjust the physical level in the aperture, on the slider to dove tail connection and on the third axis. Need to get to Milos and use his mount and levels ;)
- 3rd Axis is easy to make "loose". If you turn the screw TOO far it will make it so you can physically move the sight left to right (wiggle). They put like ten warnings not to turn it more than half a turn either way but I feel it should have a stops built in before error.
- They are expensive for my cheap ass. $230 for a sight is half a new gun...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great review Charles!

Hey, what kind of quiver do you have and where'd you get it and what's it run? Thanks in advance...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What don't you like about it? You would laugh your ass off if you saw mine from back in the early 80's. I need to update my Jennings T Star with Milo's expertise and get a new quiver TOO.

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Ok, I'm bored so I thought I would post up my hunting rig.

2012 Hoyt Carbon Element RKT shooting acc 349 pro hunters tipped with Montec G5 carbon steel. CBE tek hunter 5 pin sight and mounted to the stabilizer is a Sony Handycam CX210.

Ricer2231

Ok, I'm bored so I thought I would post up my hunting rig.

2012 Hoyt Carbon Element RKT shooting acc 349 pro hunters tipped with Montec G5 carbon steel. CBE tek hunter 5 pin sight and mounted to the stabilizer is a Sony Handycam CX210.

Sweet looking setup. Does the camera mounted on your stab work pretty good?

Flatlander

Darby Creek
It works great for footage leading up to the shot but blurs right at the shot release. Kind of a pain to get back on target after the shot but it's nice to be aimed at my target when they come walkin in.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Here is the most recent (only recent) pic I have of my bow. Mathews Outback. Sword sites and ripcord rest. Won it at a banquet in 2006, haven't even really thought about getting another one. No clue how fast it shoots, other than fast enough to go through a deer.

530661_4945634605086_677935681_n.jpg

Milo

Tatonka guide.
LMAO.....I thought, what is he talkin about, then it hit me! I'll make it anytime you want Milo, extra butter too!
im watchin my height so light butter...thats gotta be kick but to have your own movie corn...