Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Show and Tell: Your hunting bow...

Jake_C

IMG_0597.jpgIMG_0596.jpgIMG_0592.jpg
My primary for the season. Just finished swapping it back to a pro-v and I'm working on walk back/broadheads tuning it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Entering season #10 with the 2007 Switchback XT. I killed a doe on opening day at 51 yards that season and it's been a love affair since. I tried to stray once and it didn't go well. Last year, I had some confidence issues with my first complete tear down and rebuild. This year, we got 'er whipped. White wrapped arrow is a 485 grain Easton Axis 300 with a Grim Reaper Whitetail Special Pro Series, the others are practice arrows, all from 40 yards tonight. I'm ready to tie in my peep and have one annoying vibration to address, but I'm sighted in and ready. Just a matter of good, clean reps from here on out. I honestly feel this the best this bow has shot since I got it back from Milo 6 years ago and it's as deadly as ever with the arrow/broadhead combo.

I've shot a ton of bows in the last decade and none could pull me away. Maybe this is the year we get rewarded for our commitment!

Shout out to Milo, JB and Flutey for all the help over the years. It's very satisfying to cut the cord from a "pro shop" and be self-sufficient. Might sound funny, but it's a dream come true. LOL. IMG_20170908_185217_213.jpg