Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

noise problem on bow

ok so i shot it about 100 times today completly quiet my buddy couldnt even really he hear it shoot at, so after a while we figured out it was from shooting from inside the garage to the outside, it does have quite a bit of vibration tho so im hoping the limbsaver limb silencers will help that cause i cant put a string supressor on it
What your total arrow weight,an bow poundage?

swamp_donkey819

right now im just using those cheap wal mart arrows with the two in blazer style fletchings, i think theyre 400 grain arrows. and the draw weight goes to 70 i bottomed it outthen backed each limb off a half turn so ill gues around 68lb or 69

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'd find a spring scale at a pro shop and measure it too be sure and then choose your arrows and heads from there..... I had a 70lb bow at one time and tightened it down to max out the 70lb's and it was closer too 75 lb's... Be safe and see exactly where it's at.....

swamp_donkey819

yea i had a pse g-force and it was set at 80 lbs and i thought it was 70, i went to get it chronoed last night and the shop was closed. any ideas on some decent priced arrows if it is 70lb, i can hold it pretty steady at 70lbs and not sway so much

swamp_donkey819

ok well my buddy said when i shot it out in the open he can barely hear it at all so i had him shoot it and he was right, but when i shot his bow then shot mine you can definately tell a difference in the vibration /shock whichever it is when you release and the bow shoots

yea i had a pse g-force and it was set at 80 lbs and i thought it was 70, i went to get it chronoed last night and the shop was closed. any ideas on some decent priced arrows if it is 70lb, i can hold it pretty steady at 70lbs and not sway so much

IMO You should not SWAY at all..An you should be able to hold for a damm long time..Without shaking etc...I am a avg sized guy an i dont shoot over 60lbs..Dont give up accuracy or the ability to hold awhile at full draw by shooting to much poundage..Just a thought

My bow with my setup is not a speed demon..But its draw smooth,shoots smooth,Little to no shock,vibe or noise.An has amazing letoff while holding at full draw...At 62lb(maxxed) 28in draw an 375grain arrows im in the high 260fps to 270 even speed wise..But my tendonitis has been acting up again in my bow arm..So even with this super smooth bow i have to shoot 52 to 55lb..At 52lbs its a whopping 250fps..But i can draw it with cold tight muscles an hold for a long time.. Something to think about...Sorry to get off topic

swamp_donkey819

no its fine any info helps me more then what i started with, i had a few newer bow cranked at 70lbs that was not even close to the 270 range. my hoyt turbohawk was shooting 256 at 70lb and 28 in draw with a easton excell 340, but i had a quest maxed out at 61lb and was shooting almost 260, i just get caught up reading things that deer are so quick with reaction that i think when i shoot if its not fast enough they will dodge the arrow, if i back mine down some to like 65 i can hold it very steady and it has a nice let off, so maybe ill try that and not worry about speed so much, this pse i shoot now is very very accurate, side by side arrows until i get to tired to shoot anymore, i just gotta keep re-assuring myself that speed isnt everything.

good luck.....im a speed freak and I love my GT500, and its not fast enough for me

shoot the Pulse. You will like it :)

Both are amazing bows...I went with the Z28 cause (A) I like alot of Brace height(7.75in)..(B)I prefer a 32 to 33in axle 2 axle (C).I got a New in box 2010 Z28 for 425$(I know a guy where I can get Last years models for 400 to 500$)..Hell I had never even shot a Z28 before mine showed up...It is lacking speed a bit.But i have yet to find a smoother shooting an drawing PURE hunting bow..IMO..I am considering a pulse or used GT500 next year.I got a ninja pulse lined up after season if i want it....But after shooting my buddy's GTO I like it alot to.But i may just keep the Z28 who knows.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Both are amazing bows...I went with the Z28 cause (A) I like alot of Brace height(7.75in)..(B)I prefer a 32 to 33in axle 2 axle (C).I got a New in box 2010 Z28 for 425$(I know a guy where I can get Last years models for 400 to 500$)..Hell I had never even shot a Z28 before mine showed up...It is lacking speed a bit.But i have yet to find a smoother shooting an drawing PURE hunting bow..IMO..I am considering a pulse or used GT500 next year.I got a ninja pulse lined up after season if i want it....But after shooting my buddy's GTO I like it alot to.But i may just keep the Z28 who knows.

I have a buddy that is looking to buy a 2010 Z. Think you can get ahold of another?

good luck.....im a speed freak and I love my GT500, and its not fast enough for me

I have a buddy that is looking to buy a 2010 Z. Think you can get ahold of another?

Sorry not at that price...Its kinda a exclusive thing I dont like to exploit .Plus I am kinda limited to one bow a year through them.650$ is the cheapest I seen them an that was on Archerytalk NEW..

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Sorry not at that price...Its kinda a exclusive thing I dont like to exploit .Plus I am kinda limited to one bow a year through them.650$ is the cheapest I seen them an that was on Archerytalk NEW..

Yeah, I saw the ones on AT. Been watching for one between 400-500. They just go so daggone quick. Everyone wants an Elite I guess.