Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE Cast Iron Clawfoot Tub

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
My mother is selling her claw foot tub. We had this in the house I grew up in but was never used while I lived there. The plumbing was a mess so we just used the main floor bathroom. After my father passed away I went in and tore that bathroom down to bare studs and re-plumbed it down to the basement. Mom had this old tub re-glazed and put the new faucet set on it. She sold the house 2 years later to the hospital and it was to be torn down so we was allowed to salvage anything we wanted. This was one of the many things we took out of there.

She would like to sell it and get her money back out of it $800

So if anybody is interested let me know.

Thanks.

100_1079.jpg 100_1083.jpg 100_1081.jpg

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Have you listed it on Craigslist? You should be able to sell it on there within the next few weeks. That's a good looking tub and I can see a builder, decorator, etc. buying it. Good luck!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
No antique shops in the podunk little town worth a spit lol.

I wanted to post it here first and will be posting it on craigslist tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the advice and heads up and thanks for looking fellas. If any of you find a person in need just point them my direction :D.

Hicks,
It cost mom a little over $400 to have the glaze redone on this tub a few years ago so don't fall over from sticker shock lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I know. It is not cheap. Throw in another $200-500 for a faucet depending upon how fancy you want and pretty soon you realize you should have just bought a whirlpool tub. lol

Buckmaster

Portage
....But they don't build them today like they used too. Today they are plastic or fiberglass.

Nothing like the old days...... I remember my little kid bubble baths at Grandma's house in her claw foot bath tub with Dreft soap suds for my bubbles. Oh, the days of 1974.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
....But they don't build them today like they used too. Today they are plastic or fiberglass.

Nothing like the old days...... I remember my little kid bubble baths at Grandma's house in her claw foot bath tub with Dreft soap suds for my bubbles. Oh, the days of 1974.

And that is why they fetch the price they do.

Beentown