Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jackalopes trailcam pics from farm north.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Well. They've been doing some growing.

Clyde.

Bud.

FNG is doing well.

Stupid Coon.. Come down from there.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
2 weeks ago we consolidated the salt blocks on this property. Brought the one from the back up to the one at the front, and pulled the back cam. So I don't have to walk through the woods to check cams just the one on the front edge.. I moved the cam back about 20 feet and turned down the sensor because it also turns down the IR brightness.... But I, uhm, well, turned it down too far. I had 19 pics on a cam that usually takes 200+ a week... oops. :smiley_blackeye:

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
2 weeks ago we consolidated the salt blocks on this property. Brought the one from the back up to the one at the front, and pulled the back cam. So I don't have to walk through the woods to check cams just the one on the front edge.. I moved the cam back about 20 feet and turned down the sensor because it also turns down the IR brightness.... But I, uhm, well, turned it down too far. I had 19 pics on a cam that usually takes 200+ a week... oops. :smiley_blackeye:

I did the same thing and had very few pics. I dumped a bucket full of apples not more than 20 yards away from the cam. The apples were gone, but no pics of animals eating them. :tantrum:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County

That sucks Joe!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What setting do you usually run it on?

I usually run it all the way up. There is a dial on the side that you turn to set the sensitivity. It was my own bonehead fault for turning it down too low amd not doing a test. You can set the cam in test mode and when it sees movement it flashes a light. I didn't do that after changing the setting.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm way behind on the power curve on cameras need too learn through you and your mistakes.... not too make light of it but like I said I've put cameras off for far too long.... comes from being too cheap I guess lol.....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Clyde and Bud are no-shows for 2 weeks at the front salt block. They may be on the back side hitting that spot where i had another block but pulled the cam. We moved the cam to a nice dirt trail coming into the beans from a beaver pond that's nestled back in the thick stuff. Time will tell.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Found em! They were both MIA for about 3 weeks.

Clyde did more than I though he would. He grew into a pretty decent 8.

Bud put on a lopsided rack with a crab claw.

Not sure what Clyde was looking at. the cams don't make noise. Maybe he just saw it.

So. Ohio Outfitters

Great pics joe.....love the flat land. Have any of you hunted both flat land like in those pics and rolling / hill country here in ohio? and what do you think the major differences are? and do you think one is easier to hunt than the other?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dave. I hunted both here and in vinton county. I can tell you without a doubt its harder to hunt the wooded hills.