Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jackalopes trailcam pics from farm north.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Jack..

Nice pics..Is that the Spypoint g4?

Basically yes.. It's an FL-A with the optional IR array... The FL-A was white flash, but had an interchangeable flash where you could upgrade to an IR array... I bought mine as a promo special which already included the IR upgrade..

Now they come as FL-A (white flash) and G4 (IR)... They are basically both the same cam except for the flash...

So it's a FL-A that I upgraded to a G4..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Went and ran the cams this evening..

Not a ton of change in the past 2 weeks. Clyde and bud have put on some but not as much as i would have thought.

BUD

Clyde

Stupid coons.. I caught one medium kit coon in a mullberry tree as i was leaving.. It was about 8 foot off the ground playing the "you can't see me game" I found a stick and after about 5 minutes of smacking him he got tired of it and went up the tree.

Apparently nursing hurts. lol.... OWWWWWWWWW

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Nice! It looks like Clyde is going to be a good one this year, Joe.

Yeah.. We'll see what he does. He has the width and some good mass. If he gets the height he'll be doing good.

I almost forgot to post FNG

Fuggin New Guy

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Figure out why Clyde and Bud looked like they only put on a little.. The first pics are on the 10th and 12th.. The last pics above i posted are the 15th and 20th.. With the 20th being the last pics i have of them.

Actually they grew pretty well for only a week. lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
With some rain this weekend, this coming week will be an anstounding week for antler growth. The rate that these bucks are growing right now is unreal. It's easily 2-3" gross inches a day from what I have seen. Truly amazing...

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Looks like you got my FNG name off Bowhunting.com under my freak buck.... not that I care.... Most guys dont know what FNG is.... Its a fire house term for the new guy.... F'n new guy!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's an old military term for replacement Privates too. lol I named him FNG because that was the first pic i got of him.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Went and checked the cams today.. Happy to see FNG, Clyde and Bud are coming along fine.. Looks like Clyde is going to this wide palmated sob. I hope that left brow is indicative to his overall height and he's not one of these suckers with nice beams and dumpy tines.

Bud and Clyde.

Bud and Clyde again

Clyde to the side.

And it looks like FNG is doing well too.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Almost forgot mom an the fawn. So far this is the only doe i have got on cam with a fawn.

fawn1.jpgfawn 2.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The more i look at Clyde I think i should change his name to Bullwinkle. lol... I think he's going to be this wide moose racked thing that's not gonna have hardly any height.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think Clyde has got a bit to go on the tines. You might be pleasantly surprised. Even if he doesn't get much tine length, he is a hoss!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Looking good Joe, I can't wait to see some hard horned pics of Clyde.... he looks to have a lot of potential depending on what those tines do. I'm loving the character so far.